Are you an experienced Leakage Technician looking for a new challenge?
South West Water provide reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations.
Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join South West Water as a Leakage Technician based at Gallows Gate, Paignton.
The role of the Leakage Technician is to reduce leakage either through proactive leak detection or by following up 'potential leaks' identified via acoustic logging.
This will require the accurate 'pin-pointing' of leak positions and the capture of all necessary details to ensure our Partner contractor or Customer Leakage Team have all the necessary information they require to expedite prompt and effective repairs.
* Reducing leakage from the company's potable water network
* Locating and pin-pointing leak positions
* Tracing the route of water pipes and fittings
* Undertaking 'step test' as part of a team
* Performing basic meter maintenance activities
* Undertake all duties associated with Customer appointments ensuring company procedures are followed at all times
* Undertake all work with due care and consideration for health and safety
The Ideal Leakage Technician:
* National Water Hygiene Certificate, NRSWA - Unit 2, Manual Handling, COSHH, 'Confined Space' awareness, Basic first aid and valve operations training
* Relevant experience of working within leakage
* Experience of the use of modern leakage control techniques and equipment
* Relevant experience in Water Supply Networks
* Ability to identify customer leakage issues and the responsibility for repair
* Use of computer systems which will include both, advanced Strumap, MS Office and Corporate applications
* Proven ability to communicate and liaise effectively with internal and external customers
Rewards & Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Leakage Technician, we can offer a Competitive salary of circa £20,417 and a range of excellent benefits, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the skills and experience to join our team as a Leakage Technician, click apply today.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Customer Service Agent
- R&D Electrical Engineer - Fire Industry
- Biosources Operator
- Maintenance Supervisor - Multiskilled
- Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Project Development Engineer
- Project Development Manager
- Customer Service Advisor
- Fraud Analyst : Spanish Speaking
- Senior Marketing Manager : SEO and Content
- PR and Hospitality Manager
- European Trade Programme Manager
- Data Visualisation and Support Analyst
- Performance Improvement Manager
- Customer Service Administrator
- Business Development Executive
- Collections & Litigation Advisor
- Interim Insight Manager : Continuous Data
- Head of Commercial - Energy
- Head of Commercial - Energy