Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 DOE
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an Estimator on behalf of one of our clients based in Swindon.
The successful candidate will work within the estimating team to develop tenders that meet individual client's needs.
Applications from ex-military candidates are actively encouraged, however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input to corporate approval process and risk mitigation.
- Inform Bid Manager of input required to assist in tabling competitive price.
- Contribute to development of tender strategy.
- Agree methodologies and outputs for key activities with others.
- Provide advice to Bid Manager/ Design Manager on most cost effective design options.
- Produce competitive price using methodologies and outputs etc to suit conditions/situations relevant to the scheme.
- Develop local rates / build up rates for self-delivered items.
- Prepare scheme specific labour rate calculation where required.
- Liaise with planner to reconcile labour resource levels.
- Local Plant rates for self priced items.
- Liaise with Planner to reconcile plant resource levels.
- Comparison sheet for materials considering.
- Liaise with procurement and agree on the selection of supplier quotations to be used in the estimate.
- Liaise with procurement and agree on the selection of subcontractor quotations to be used in the estimate.
- Liaise with Technical services/ Temp Works Co-ordinator to agree extent and nature of temporary works.
- Agree cost of Temporary Works with Temporary Works Co-ordinator.
- Use weekly staff rates provided by Finance Director.
- Agree staffing levels with Bid Manager/ Operations lead.
- Produce Staff Programme.
- Liaise with planner to determine preliminary durations.
- Compile topsheet and backup.
- Contribute to compilation of Risk & Opportunity Register.
- Include within tender book, margin on sales as agreed with MD and FD (Overhead, Profit & Insurance).
- Contribute to Tender Launch meeting and provide early pricing overview of major quantities and cost approximation.
- Produce or appoint take-off or measurement check.
- Liaise with Commercial team and Bid manager to complete Contract Data.
- Liaise with Commercial team to Load/Deload proposals as agreed at settlement.
- Ensure all estimating papers are prepared and presented at the Settlement Meeting.
- Ensure all pricing changes and loading proposals agreed at the meeting are implemented.
- Ensure all requirements of Corporate governance relating to the estimate are implemented prior to submission of tender, in conjunction with bid manager.
- Ensure BoQ and/or Activity Schedule are compiled where possible to provide a positive/advantageous cash flow.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Comprehensive contracting background and estimating knowledge in civil engineering.
- Previous estimating experience in one of the following industries: Rail, mechanical and electrical engineering is desirable however those with a desire to develop a career in this area and the relevant Civil experience should apply.
- Must possess an understanding of the construction process.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to use their own initiative and be able to adopt a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Drive and passion to succeed and develop within the role and the wider business.
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 DOE
- Rate: Â£40k - 60k per year + DOE
- Location: Swindon, Wiltshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: First Military Recruitment
- Contact: Dan Stubbins
- Tel: 01285 654566
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: DS562
- Posted: 2020-01-15 14:29:42 -
- View all Jobs from First Military Recruitment
More Jobs from First Military Recruitment
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- IT Network Engineer
- School Staff Instructor
- Field Service Engineer
- Commissioning Engineer - Fire & Security Systems
- ASSESSOR / INSTRUCTOR IN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION
- Vehicle Technician
- Flood Risk / Drainage Engineer
- Sales Manager
- Project Manager [M&E Small Works]
- Shift Maintenance Electrician [Chilled Food]
- Shift Maintenance Electrician
- Grounds Operative
- Surveillance Field Systems Engineer
- Business Development Manager
- Senior Field Technician
- Commissioning & Technical Support Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Behavioural Support Worker