Bench Fitter/ Assembly Fitter
Job Title: Bench Fitter/ Mechanical Assembly Fitter
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced Bench Fitter.
This is a permanent role based in the Knutsford, Cheshire Area and is commutable from the following locations, Altrincham, Wilmslow, Northwich, Stockport and Wythenshawe.
Job Objective: Working in a small team within the Tooling Assembly department, you will be responsible for using a variety of hand and machine tools, drilling, interpreting technical drawings using high levels of attention to detail and working to deadlines to produce quality work.
This role attracts a salary of £20, 000 - £22,000 per annum
Working hours are 8am- 4.30pm Monday - Friday + Overtime
Day to day duties will include:
- Interpreting technical drawings & instructions and working to close tolerances.
- Assembly as per drawings /specification within the required timescale ensuring all necessary documentation is completed accordingly
- Read and follow technical drawings and carry out the works using various hand tools, drilling and tapping.
- Carry out composite and sheet metal repair and/or manufacture
- Maintain all appropriate documentation and ensure that all unused components are returned to stores appropriately
Training & Experience Requirements:
- Qualified to apprenticeship level ( Semi- Skilled applicants will also be considered)
- High level of attention to detail, Ability to work with accuracy and to strict deadlines
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Responsible for the wellbeing and health & safety of both yourself and fellow workers
The successful applicant will be a team player, highly motivated, always aiming to produce a quality product and flexible as there will be overtime.
You will also have previous experience of working in a quality assembly environment have the relevant qualifications, be punctual, conscientious and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in the Bench Fitter/ Assembly Operator role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Mechanical Project Engineer
- Project Manager
- Estimator (MIEC)
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Sales Manager - North East
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer (FMCG, Temp 12hr conti shifts)
- Site manager
- Site Engineer
- Warehouse Operators
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Electrical Calibration Technician/ Engineer
- Customer Service Representative- French Speaking
- SIA Guard
- Production Operator
- Masker - Aerospace
- Works Manager