Senior Operations Coordinator / Office Manager - Tech Industry
Office Manager - Telecommunications Industry
Context Recruitment are very excited to provide you the opportunity to join an exciting telecommunications company based in Newmarket, Suffolk who have recently been acquired by an award-winning IT service provider.
The company are retaining their identity and will remain a standalone division within the new business group and is a great development opportunity for the company which will allow them to continue to grow significantly further.
What will you be doing?
This will be a role where you can make a large impact and shape the future of the business.
Initial projects the role will assume responsibility for will include management of an Office refurbishment and the introduction of a new job management system.
As the Office Manager / Senior Operations Coordinator you will help to ensure the smooth running of our client's working environment, ensuring that the company is supported and assisting the business in providing a great customer experience.
You will work closely with their small and close-knit team (currently 5), taking on responsibilities from the Director and ensuring that all processes run efficiently and effectively.
This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm (with 1 hour for lunch).
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To deputise for the Managing Director in his absence.
- To undertake project work as requested.
- To manage the successful running of the company's sales and services administration including:
- Sales - Identifying prospective customer requirements, capturing full details to enable an accurate estimate of required work to be done; Arranging pre-sale site visits where necessary; Issuing quotations to prospective customers and follow up to resolve any queries and secure the order.
- Delivery - Ordering goods and services from third party suppliers to fulfil customer orders; Liaising with customers to schedule and plan works; Ensuring that engineer is booked to carry out works and that all goods, services and materials are ready for the job to be completed according to the plan.
- After-Sales - Reviewing and filing test results; Raising full and accurate invoice for works completed, including any changes which may have occurred since work was originally quoted and setting up direct debits for any ongoing regular charges; Ensuring that the works Completion Sheet is fully and accurately completed and filed as a true reflection of the works undertaken.
- To ensure that all physical resources are maintained and managed effectively:
- Co-ordinate checking of stock and supplies levels to ensure that there is an accurate record and that stock levels are correct.
- Order additional stock and supplies to maintain required stock levels, using initiative to secure cost-effective prices and favourable terms from suppliers.
- Manage the van fleet to ensure that vehicles are taxed, insured and maintained correctly.
- To take overall responsibility for Staff Management:
- Plan the schedule and booking for the engineers to make effective use of their time and skills whilst meeting customer requirements.
- Identify any shortfalls in good time to enable additional resources to be contracted in or work schedules to be rearranged.
- Organise contract resources as required.
- Assist Managing Director with the management of the team including organising and preparing for performance management meetings, staff administration and training.
- Absence management for the company - including holiday authorisation and scheduling, and sickness absence management.
- To take overall responsibility for Office Management:
- Manage the office environment to ensure a suitable, safe and pleasant working environment
- Manage all company administration including insurances, legal matters, liaison where required with the accountants.
- Ensure that the company has appropriate H&S policies and procedures in place and that these are implemented and followed by staff.
- Write risk assessments and method statements to ensure that all work undertaken is undertaken safely.
- Provide holiday and backup cover for other office staff, in particular for Sales, Delivery and After-Sales of lines and calls work.
What is our client looking for?
This is an excellent opportunity for a determined and driven office professional looking to take the next step up in their career, possible candidate backgrounds may be Office Managers, Office Coordinators, PA, EA or Operations coordinators.
Our client is looking for someone who is assertive and driven but tactful and diplomatic at the same time.
To succeed in this role, you will be work well using your own initiative and possess the confidence to work in the Telecoms/Tech sector, with all the technical terminology that comes with it! You will be well organised, with excellent attention to detail and communication skills, both written and verbal.
This is an exciting role and our client is hoping the right candidate will help support the business, driving them forward and help them maximise their potential as well as grow with the business.
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 5 years' office experience in a position of responsibility such as an Office Manager, Operations Coordinator, PA/EA or similar.
- Experience with a wide range of IT systems, computer literate including proficient use of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Highly professional attitude and proactive and organised approach.
- Excellent customer service focus and ability to create great customer experiences.
- Operational experience including experience of finance, raising invoices, and knowledge of human resources admin practices and procedures.
- Supervisory experience will be highly beneficial.
What do you get out of it?
In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive salary of between £35,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Our client and the group they are part of thrive on working with their employees to unleash their potential and help them to develop professionally.
Want to hear more? We'd love to hear from you.
Apply with your CV now!
To send your CV please apply via the advert, or alternatively for more information please contact Ben at Context Recruitment on 02381 680408.
More Jobs from context recruitment
- Infrastructure Manager
- IT Support Analyst
- Accounts Assistant - Leading IT Tech Solutions Company
- Technical Support Analyst - IT Services
- Credit Control Manager
- Marketing Manager - IT Services
- Marketing Manager - IT Services
- Senior Accountant - Leading IT Solutions Company
- Warehouse Manager
- SEO Executive - Large-scale Digital Business
- Business Systems Analyst
- Marketing Specialist – CRM & Email Marketing
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (AWS/Azure)
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- Engagement Officer (Apprentice/Trainee Recruitment)
- Senior Service Desk Analyst - 6 month FTC
- 1st Line Service Desk Engineer
- Sales Manager – Connectivity/ Cloud
- Mortgage Adviser
- Customer Accounts Coordinator