Role: GIS Analyst
Our client, one of the Europe's leading engineering professional services firms, are currently seeking a GIS Analyst.
Our client provides services relating to engineering, architecture, design, planning, project management and consulting services for all aspects of the built environment.
My client is an opportunity employer and a certified CPD employer with Engineers Ireland.
You will help to deliver effective and professional services for a range of high-profile clients.
The role will involve a variety of technical tasks on projects of various scales from local to global importance.
You will be working within the existing Digital team with other digital specialists.
This role focuses on a linear infrastructure business.
GIS Analyst Job Responsibilities:
Deliver dynamic, innovative solutions to internal and external clients by thinking both logically and creatively;
Propose, develop and implement new automated systems and processes;
Provide critical input to delivering projects on time and budget;
Work with a range of data capture, analysis, visualisation and compliance technologies;
Work with staff from other disciplines and demonstrate the value of good GIS standards and practices.
GIS Analyst Required Qualifications:
- GIS Degree or Master's Degree
- Technical expert in GIS - ArcGIS desktop version 10.3+ and extensions;
- Spatial ETL applications, specifically FME, to include CAD to GIS conversions;
- Automation of processes using Python & ArcPy;
- Experience in producing GIS workflows;
- Knowledge of databases and GIS systems integration (MS SQL Server, Postgres, PostGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE);
- Data management and standards knowledge and experience;
- Experience managing and delivering GIS projects for internal and external clients;
- Advanced numeracy, analytical and computer skills for data manipulation and management;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with an ability to communicate complex technical ideas to a non-technical audience;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary teams located across several offices;
GIS Analyst Desirable Skills:
- Exposure to other desktop GIS software (QGIS, GRASS);
- Experience of GIS application to engineering, transport and development service sectors.
- Knowledge of CAD software and experience with other drafting tools;
- Knowledge of Common Data Environments and BIM workflows;
If you have any interest in this role, please call Arlene in Elk for an informal chat on 0599176301 or reply to this job posting.
More Jobs from Elk Recruitment
- Health and Safety Officer
- Facade Technician
- Experienced Quantity Surveyor
- Experienced Revit Technician
- Building Services Engineer
- Junior / Graduate Civil Engineer
- Experienced Refrigeration Engineer
- Project Quantity Surveyor
- Excellent Accounts Payable £20k-£25k
- Structural Engineering Technician
- Road Design & Traffic Engineer
- Senior Business Manager (Highways)
- CAD Technician €30k-€45k Monaghan/ Cavan
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Project Engineer (Electrical)
- Site Manager (Electrical)
- Health and Safety Manager
- Sales Representative - Windows & Doors