SEND Statutory Assessment and Commissioning Team Manager
To lead a team to undertake needs assessments and annual reviews of Education, Health and Care Plans, providing a link between parents/carers, schools.
To monitor, evaluate and report on the special educational provision made for Gateshead pupils and to support the commissioning of SEND Services.
To support the SEND Service Manager in providing leadership and management of the SEND Team to improve outcomes for children and young people with SEND.
1. To lead and manage the SEND Team to ensure the Local Authority effectively undertakes its statutory duties in relation to Education, Health and Care Plan needs assessments and annual reviews, in line with relevant legislation, performance frameworks and the Council's policies and priorities.
2. To act as the nominated deputy for the Service Manager, SEND and to provide leadership and management that creates a culture for teams and individuals to perform at their best.
3. To promote, develop and maintain effective multi-agency working that ensures the provision of well-co-ordinated service delivery and to ensure that EHC Plans reflect the requirements of other statutory and non-statutory plans for children and young people, thus avoiding unnecessary duplication.
4. To collate and analyse data and prepare reports to support the continuous review and improvement of SEN provision in Gateshead.
5. To act as lead Officer with schools, colleges and parents on SEND matters to oversee the preparation of Special Educational Needs (SEN) education, health and care plans (EHCPs) in accordance with the prevailing Code of Practice, policies and procedures.
6. To develop and implement quality assurance functions in relation to the operation of the SEND Team and Education, Health and Care Plans.
7. To oversee the development of Service level Agreements and specifications for commissioned services and support the monitoring of those services with appropriate colleagues across education, health, social care and commissioning teams.
8. To support the borough-wide moderation processes aimed at promoting consistency of practice and equality of access to SEN resources, including moderation in relation to SEN funding.
9. To support the SEND Manager in ensuring that appropriate data collection systems are developed, implemented and maintained, by drawing on relevant expertise in the authority, are in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
10. To undertake budget management responsibility for the Home to School/Post 16 Transport arrangements including processing of applications and developing the Independent Travel Training Scheme.
11. To support the preparation of the Service for local area SEND Inspection by scrutinising performance, implementing effective to support the continuous review of SEN provision in Gateshead.
12. To support the SEND Service Manager in preparing evidence for submission to SEN and Disability Tribunals.
13. To represent the Education, Schools and Inclusion Service at meetings, as required, including statutory SEN reviews and other child centred review meetings, governing body meetings.
14. Other roles consistent with the job purpose and the grade of the post.
Knowledge and Qualifications
SEND procedures and their legal context
Thorough knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
IT skills Knowledge of:
Law relevant to the SEND Code of Practice
Statutory guidance on safeguarding
Degree or equivalent
Recent relevant professional development Qualifications:
Qualified Teacher Status
Management or other relevant post-graduate qualification
Specialised qualification/training in work with children and young people
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Senior Care Assistant
- SENIOR PARENT SUPPORT ADVISOR ENFIELD
- Senior Social Worker – Children’s Safeguarding Team – Hereford
- Children’s Social Worker – Sandwell Children’s Trust
- Prison Recovery Worker
- Recovery worker
- Assistant Accountant
- Housing Advice Officer
- Plumber Voids
- Risk Assessor- London (Police)
- RMN- Band 7 (Police)
- Support Assistant
- Band 5 Nurse (RGN) - Blackburn
- Qualified Social Worker, Children's Locality Team, Sutton
- Credit Controller
- Qualified Social Worker, Leaving Care Team
- Qualified Social Worker, Adults, Sutton