HR Manager - Employee Relations
Role Title: HR Manager - Employee Relations
What's the opportunity?
We are seeking an HR Manager specialising in employee relations to support the Head of HR and Employee Relations UK in delivering ER activities ensuring complete alignment with people strategy and employment legislation.
What will you be doing?
Ensuring alignment between ER activities and people strategy, best practice and employment legislation.
Proposing leading edge Employee Relations solutions to a variety of complex issues within a highly technical environment.
Ownership and delivery of Employee Relations activities across the UK perimeter
Co-ordination, ownership and execution of casework activities using a coaching approach associated with ER related policies, namely Disciplinary, Grievance, Managing Unsatisfactory Performance, Respect at Work, Sickness Absence and Bullying and Harassment including producing metrics at UK and Group level and ensuring that lessons learned reviews are conducted and implementing improvements.
Providing specialist best practice and legislatively sound advice to managers, peers and HR colleagues who are managing the resolution of ER cases
Leading case reviews to establish lessons learned and implementing recommendations.
Raising awareness of any legal risks to MBDA and devising and implementing strategic mitigation plans.
Co-ordination of strategic sickness absence management including ensuring a fair and consistent approach across the UK perimeter and effective communications to employees and managers.
Responsibility for ER Review meetings - agenda, chair, outputs etc.
Representing HR UK at UK Health and Safety meetings as required.
Representing ER at UK HR Coherence meetings as required.
Managing and providing facilitation and mediation in potential conflict situations to achieve consensus legally and ethically.
Leading and owning ER policy reviews and undertaking stakeholder management and TU consultation where necessary.
Ensure that HR material is legally sound, consistent and in line with ER principles and the Company culture.
Preparing training material to develop knowledge, capability and understanding in HR professionals and people managers and providing coaching as needed and delivering ER training as required.
Providing Client Facing HR support to customer base including delivery of HR calendar activities.
Support to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives and activities; Providing specialist legal advice on a wide range of ED&I matters and ownership of leading at least one area of ED&I.
Acting as project lead on a variety of HR topics, e.g.
TUPE transfers and change programmes, ensuring appropriate stakeholder management, benchmarking and communications plans are in place to support implementation.
What are the benefits for you?
- The opportunity to keep up to date with and apply employment legislation and implement leading edge solutions
- An opportunity to work with managers and leaders across the business on a varied range of people issues
- The opportunity to work on activities associated with MBDA strategy and culture and people strategy
What's great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a highly motivated, knowledgeable and focused team responsible for the development of up to date, progressive policies
- Involvement in a wide variety of activities in a department where no two days are the same
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- To succeed in this role, you will need to have specialist ER knowledge and practical experience with a demonstrable track record in delivering HR best practice
- Degree qualified and Member of the Charted Institute of Personnel and Development desirable
- Practical knowledge and understanding of employment law and its application in a business context essential
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills and stakeholder management experience
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills
- Experience of working in a multi-functional team providing logical solutions to complex issues
- Comfortable in holding difficult conversations and providing advice to make decisions in complex circumstances
More Jobs from Williams Kent
- HR Advisor
- HR Business Partner
- HR Manager
- Benefits Specialist
- Internal Resourcing Partner
- Internal Recruitment Advisor
- HR Analyst
- Senior Reward Analyst
- Employee Relations Advisor
- Learning and Development Manager
- Global Reward Analyst
- EMEA Compensation and Benefits Analyst
- Marketing Executive
- Payroll Administration