About the Company
Digital transformation has turned traditional business models on their heads.
Business leaders look to companies that can offer technology-enabled solutions to drive their processes and value chains. Our client is a Private Equity-backed, technology leader in the market research industry's current transformation from traditional to online and digital methodologies.
The company's industry leading SaaS platform enables businesses to quickly and effectively access audiences and data for online market research and insights.
However, in recent years they have also evolved it's own go-to-market to enable larger customers to utilize its platform and tools to deliver operational transformation and step changes in customer experience and innovation.
In 2018 our client secured and implemented a lighthouse Enterprise customer creating excitement across the industry.
In January 2019 they took the step to establish a dedicated global "Enterprise Solutions" team to focus on accelerating and closing more "enterprise-grade" opportunities.
To support this expansion and ambition, and to support existing "core" sales engagements, our client is now establishing a global Sales Engineering team and is looking for an experienced Pre-Sales Lead. For the right candidate, this is a chance to shape the role of Sales Engineering within company as the first such hire in the region, make a major contribution to the company, help to build a department from the ground up and establish a Centre of Excellence for the company.
As Pre-Sales Lead, you will play a key role in helping the Enterprise Solutions sales team to land the next major transformational deals for our client, whilst establishing best practices and processes for company's Sales Engineering. You will also support global Sales, Customer Success and Key Account teams as required on API integration work from qualification, to solution design and implementation. Finally, you will support the above teams in developing solutions related to our client's new innovations in Marketing Effectiveness and Customer Experience Management.
Reporting to the Chief Innovation Officer but with a dotted line to the EVP Enterprise Solutions, you will support all major sales processes, leading and challenging customers and prospects and securing the technical validation necessary to win and close contracts.
Through product demo's and well-structured customer workshops you will help to properly understand customers needs and wants, technical requirements, and use this to build and present solutions and implementation proposals.
Bridging between the sales team, the customer, company's product team and ultimately supporting a seamless handover to the implementation team post-contract-signature.
You will leverage strong technical understanding, refined client-facing skills, an ability to think strategically and a successful record of selling and deploying SaaS solutions.
You will develop expertise in company's platforms, product features and benefits, and their practical application.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support all sales departments on prioritised and qualified accounts and opportunities; Enterprise Solutions, Key Accounts, Core Sales and Customer Success
- Working in close partnership with company's Enterprise Solutions sales team on a mutually agreed set of complex "enterprise-grade" opportunities
- Support Enterprise Solutions team to ensure sales targets and KPIs are met, and company achieves its strategic goals to be "the backbone technology platform for the industry's most innovative and successful companies"
- Provide PROACTIVE technical pre-sales support throughout the sales process as required, assisting with the development of proposals, opportunity win strategies and close plans
- Devise well structured agendas, frameworks and questions to lead customer requirements gathering and solution design workshops
- Document meeting outcomes, customer processes and requirements, actions and next steps, and share with the wider opportunity team using appropriate internal systems
- Support the sales teams in properly qualifying opportunities by using strong questioning techniques and challenging the customers declared needs and requirements, proposing alternative solutions as appropriate
- Map out customer requirements, including as-is and to-be operational processes, in order to run technical gap analysis and devise solution designs to deliver the customers goals and win the deal
- Support sales teams in API discussions with customers and partners, challenge all parties to ensure the proposed solution is optimal and is the best fit for company's strategic goals
- Prepare and deliver standard and tailored / bespoke product demonstrations for existing or prospect customers in line with their agreed needs and technical requirements
- Demonstrate the platform capabilities and the value drivers that a company solution will deliver for the customer
- Provide data to inform ROM (rough order of magnitude) implementation effort estimates for commercial proposals, implementation plans and contracts
- Propose technical solutions, product enhancements, off-platform custom development solutions and process work-arounds to fill perceived capability gaps and satisfy customer requirements
- Capture product gaps and provide qualified feedback to the product team for future roadmap improvements
- Devise solutions to convert customer requirements into working Proof of Concepts (PoCs) as required to prove ROI
- Develop technical sales materials in conjunction with the product team, sales and marketing
- Directly lead technical presentations and integration discussions
- Help to simplify complex technical concepts for a variety of audiences and stakeholders including executive level decision-makers.
- Build personal relationships, trust and credibility with technical and executive stakeholders in the clients organisation
- Provide 3rd party partner-specific technical and onboarding support as required as part of a customer solution (pre-sales and occasionally post-sales if required)
- Win credibility through demonstrable knowledge of Sales Engineering best practices and platform usage best practice
- Maintain a deep knowledge of company's current product set, confirmed roadmap, forthcoming feature enhancements, key client benefits and case studies
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge of the latest trends and developments in the evolution of AdTech, MarTech, Data and Market Research methodologies and technology, including Marketing Effectiveness, data analytics and company's competitive landscape
- Maintain a reasonable knowledge of industry legislation and compliance issues such as GDPR, CCPA
- Maintain a reasonable knowledge of with wider Enterprise Technology landscape, current winners, and research their techniques and methodologies where company may learn from replicating
Key Required Skills & Experience:
- A successful pre-sales engineering track record, with 3-5 years in the enterprise software industry
- Established experience selling and deploying SaaS platforms
- Organizational skills and resourcefulness required for a fast-paced, self-directed position
- Refined presentation, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills that bridge business and technical understanding
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field (or equivalent demonstrable experience and qualifications)
- Deep technical understanding, although no software development e
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Â£75k - 80k per year + Circa + Benefits + Bonus
- Location: London, Greater London, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Sales
- Recruiter: Hiring People
- Contact: Hiring People
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: CNT01
- Posted: 2020-02-14 10:51:06 -
- View all Jobs from Hiring People
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Home Care Assistant
- Technical Consultant
- Group Head of Sales
- Social Media Master
- Operations Hero
- Dispute Resolution Solicitor
- Electrical Technician
- Electrical Controls Engineer
- Plant Fitter
- Dynamics 365 CE Consultant
- Yard Operative
- Field Sales Executive
- Maintenance Engineer
- Solicitor - Dispute Resolution
- Controls Engineer
- Home Care Administrator
- Home Care Administrator
- IFA Administrator
- Skills and Research Coordinator
- Community Outreach Vehicle Co-Ordinator / Driver