Electrical Engineer (Shifts)
Our client is a leading manufacturer and they are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join their expanding operations in the Dartford area.
Based predominantly at one large site in the Dartford area, the Electrical Engineer will be servicing and repairing commercial electrical equipment within the production facilities.
This includes packaging equipment, and production equipment.
You'll be working a three-shift system: Nights (Sun to Thurs), Early and Late (Mon to Fri) in rotation.
- Undertake diverse reactive and planned maintenance, including electrical fault finding and electrical maintenance and repair on all site machinery and equipment in accordance with the agreed standard requirements
- Work closely with Engineering team peers to ensure all plant assets are maintained to high standards to maximise production efficiencies.
- Responsible for ensuring daily mechanical and electrical operations run accordingly, implementing reactive and assisting with preventative continuous improvement process development.
- Facilitate speedy response to all plant stoppages and plan/ implement modifications to new and existing equipment, assisting with process/plant/factory improvements.
- Proactive in performing general site maintenance tasks to maintain high presentation and working standards of health and safety & site hygiene across the factory site at all times.
- Make scheduled checks (PPMs) on machinery and parts, find and fix faults and recalibrate instruments, overhaul and replace parts according to schedules.
- Carry out visual checks to ensure the production facilities are working at optimum efficiency by conducting daily visual checks of all equipment and proactively communicating with shift managers and operatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience within food manufacturing/ packing environment
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical/electrical fault-finding, systems, PLC controls
- Holds a mechanical C&G/ HND qualification
- Ability to work under pressure with strong problem-solving skills
- Willing to work as a team and capable to work independently
- Self- motived, with a genuine desire to progress and acquire new skills
- Confident digital platform user
- Flexible approach to work and hours
- Based in the Dartford or surrounding areas.
In return the business will offer a very generous salary of around £38k, with an OTE of around £41-42k.
The company also have a host of other benefits and incentives.
If you are an experienced Electrical Engineer or Electromechanical Engineer in the Dartford area, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role.