Skills and Research Coordinator
Skills and Research Coordinator – Construction
Contract: Fixed term contract until 30th June 2022
Salary: £30,000 pa.
Overview of Role:
This role is for a full-time Skills and Research Coordinator to support several projects relating to construction training and supply chain development.
These projects are funded by a number of different public sector bodies but are all tied to the improvement of the construction sector supply chain through skills and employment.
One of the main projects which you will be involved with is Building Growth South West.
A CITB programme to improve the appeal of construction to women, ex-services personnel, people that are long-term unemployed, young NEETs (not in employment, education or training) and college leavers.
Running across Greater Exeter and Bristol, this project will deliver an extensive training package to boost the understanding of construction and work with local training providers to deliver soft skills and pre-employment training.
This role will also be responsible for several small research projects to explore productivity, innovation and efficiency in the region’s construction supply chain.
Please note that this is a development role and guidance will be provided to the successful applicant.
Working with a small team you will be expected to undertake the following:
- Managing relationships with training providers and construction employers to broker funding to support delivery of the Building Growth SW training programmes
- Monitoring completion rates of learners and managing conversion rates into employment
- Ensuring training delivered is of a high quality across the subcontracted training providers
- Delivering research activities: interviewing businesses, running workshops and compiling research reports
- Supporting the Project Manager across different construction programmes including Building Growth SW
- Working closely with the Communications and Events Coordinator to attend promotional events to engage stakeholders and potential learners
- Proactively develop efficient, trusted and effective working relationships at appropriate levels across a wide range of public and private sector partners and stakeholders, particularly with key partners such as Building Greater Exeter, and represent the service through attending relevant forums and meetings
- Deliver excellent client service at all times to funders and partners.
The maintenance of our quality standards and building of a strong reputation is of great importance, especially as a new provider in the area
- Proactively seek to add value to the service, clients, funder and partner, and the organisation as a whole.
Please note the Skills and Research Coordinator may also be called upon to complete a range of other duties for the organisation, as reasonably required.
- Graduate or relevant industry experience
- Experience of the working with the construction sector
- Experience of working in the skills or training sector
- Experience of delivering research activities and reports
- Excellent attention for detail and communication skills
- Ability to manage different tasks
- Experience of working with different groups of learners and supporting their needs
- Flexibility, adaptability and a willingness to embrace change and development
- Excellent written and spoken English and highly IT literate, with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Project management experience
- Experience of working with FE colleges or sector skills councils
- Knowledge of public sector funds such as CITB, Adult Education Budget, European Social Fund, European Regional Development Fund etc.
- Presenting experience
- Experience of working with hard to reach communities
- Some knowledge of the South West construction or skills landscape
- An experienced networker
How to Apply
If this role is of interest and you would like to learn more please attach your CV to the link provided and the Hiring Company will be in direct contact.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from all candidates fulfilling the job requirements, regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- PR Account Director
- Heating and Gas Engineer
- Manual Grinder
- Business Development Executive
- Field Sales Executive
- SaaS Software Business Development Executive
- Telesales Advisor / Account Manager
- Dot Net Developer
- Office / Accounts Administrator
- Experienced Web Developer
- Digital Marketeer
- Digital Marketeer
- Front End Developer
- Magento Developer
- Multi-skilled Tradeperson
- Front End Developer
- Sales Estimator
- Social Worker - Case Manager
- Creative PA
- Registered Manager - Children's Residential -