Registered Children's Home Manager
Registered Children's Home Manager - Braintree - Full Time - Permanent - up to £41,500
An independent provider of services for children and young people with social, emotional and behavioural disorders is seeking a permanent Registered Manager for their small, 3-bedded Children's Home in Braintree, Essex.
You will hold a Level 5 qualification in Residential Childcare and have at least 2 years of experience of working with children, with 1 year at a senior level.
The home works in partnership with local authorities to provide a high standard of residential care for children and young people, improving outcomes for them and their families.
All of the homes under the group provide short and long-term and emergency placements, with each home creating individually tailored care packages to meet the children and young people's needs.
Difficulties experienced by these young people include; offending behaviour, substance and/or alcohol misuse, self-harm, mild mental health difficulties, sexually offending behaviour, challenging/aggressive behaviour, risky behaviour.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Management, coordination and development of a range of quality services for young people referred to/ accommodated within the home.
- Ensuring the young people's needs are met in line with the 5 Every Child Matters outcomes.
- Promoting the practice of working in partnership with young people, their families, staff and other agencies, in order to meet their needs.
- Promoting team development and effective team working.
- Taking the lead in setting standards and evaluating achievements.
- Setting and reviewing targets and objectives for the home's staff team in order to ensure that work is focused and has a clear direction.
- Providing operational management of the staff team and deploying appropriate staff resources in order that key tasks are fulfilled.
- Ensuring that sufficient back up resources are available in emergency/out of hours situations including participation in an out of hours 'on-call' rota.
- Holding line management responsibilities for a staff team, ensuring that all staff receive appropriate induction, supervision and appraisal.
- A full, manual driving licence is essential as you will be required to attend local authority meetings, Youth Offending Team meetings, home visits, and appointments with the young people.
This is a full time, permanent position based in Braintree, Essex.
The salary for this position is £35,500 basic salary with a £6000 performance bonus (based on OFSTED and occupancy).
For further details on this opportunity, please contact Cara Lynch at Medicor on 02392 322 374 or email your CV to email@example.com
Medicor is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Vessel Performance Analyst - London
- Customer Care Operations Manager
- Commercial Litigation Solicitor (Shipping) - Newcastle
- Senior Software Engineer
- Project Controller
- PPC DATA EXECUTIVE- 98633-1
- Data Administrator- Sales- 98633-1
- Senior Manufacturing Support Engineer
- Actuator Electronics Designer
- Actuator Electronics Technical Lead
- Network Security Operations Engineer
- Network Security Team Lead
- Master Production Scheduler
- Financial Accountant
- Factory Acceptance Integration Engineer
- Substance Misuse Doctor
- MBT Practitioner