Are you an experienced Maintenance Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies.
Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor.
We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer to join our team at our Glasgow Recycling and Renewable Energy Centre.
This is a full-time position working 42.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
Joining our team, the Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of the site maintenance strategy.
Working in partnership with the Operations team, the Maintenance Engineer will coordinate all activities and optimise plant availability, performance and quality.
You will also ensure that all Planned Maintenance inspections are completed safely, effectively and within budget, and assist in prioritising and planning all maintenance work.
A key part of this role will be identifying critical spares and making sure the team adheres to stock control processes.
Developing and supporting relationships with equipment and service suppliers will be essential.
As well as managing the Shift Rota so that all holidays, TOIL, sickness and other absences are in line with company policy, you will carry out Annual Appraisal Reviews (PARs) in a timely manner.
Our ideal Maintenance Engineer:
* In-depth understanding of a strategic approach to engineering and maintenance.
* Good understanding of engineering best practice.
* Working knowledge of health and safety regulations (PUWER, LOLER, working at heights etc).
* Completed apprenticeship (NVQ level 3) in an appropriate engineering skill or possession of an HNC/HND in a relevant discipline.
* Relevant engineering background.
* Previous experience working within a process, production or manufacturing environment.
* Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
* Confident and able to make decisions in the absence of other leaders.
* IT literate, able to analyse data and produce detailed reports.
* Proven management skills
In return for your hard work as our Maintenance Engineer, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Commercial Gas Engineer
- Minor Works Assistant
- Accounts Assistant - Motor Trade
- Stock Controller
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Application Specialist
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Operative
- Field Service Technician
- Commercial Plumber
- Customer Relationship Manager
- Site Administrator
- Billing Technician
- Treasury Accountant
- Account Director
- Customer Service Advisor
- Customer Service Advisor - Nights
- Unit Manager
- Office Supervisor
- Electrical Maintenance Technician