To ensure all production machinery runs efficiently, effective maintenance is carried out as per schedule, assisting with running issues during production.
A multi-skilled and flexible engineer with strong electrical bias.
An expectation exists that the engineer will be able to run the machinery when required.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- The daily maintenance and improvements of Process Plant, Equipment, Site services and Buildings
- Involvement in preventative maintenance systems, electrical and mechanical.
- Maintain records/electrical drawings/information in an accessible and organised manner
- Identify/specify/source spares/parts for ordering
- Assist in the design, specification, selection of parts/equipment/suppliers and implementation of projects
- Liaise with Production Departments to ensure maximum machinery availability and assist with specific calibration activity
- Organise own workload according to site priorities
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and pass on skills and knowledge to others
- Instigate and participate in ongoing continuous improvement initiatives.
Identify and action engineering improvements to safety, performance of production machinery and the site services
- Ensure individual commitment to meeting both the engineering and company objectives and work towards improving the profitability of the sites
- Responsible for becoming familiar and complying with all site and engineering safety procedures - should by nature risk assess all activities prior to commencing work
- Ensuring all departmental skilled maintenance engineering in similar environment with strong electrical bias.
- Understanding engineering, electrical and pneumatic drawings/schematics
- Knowledge of safe working practices, relevant codes of practice and legislation
- Experience working with a CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)
- Detailed underpinning of operations and engineering
- Working within a manufacturing environment
- Basic understanding of planned maintenance activities and the requirements for planned maintenance.
- Roll feed machinery which include such systems as :
- Time served apprenticeship within engineering, multi-skilled , electrical bias
- 17th edition regulations preferred
- Minimum City and Guilds level 3 in Production engineering or similar.
- 3-5 years direct experience in a similar role within a manufacturing / maintenance environment / process industry
Due to location own transport may be required