Senior Upstream Scientist
We are currently looking for a Senior Upstream Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area.
As the Senior Scientist you will be joining the Upstream Process Development Team, focusing your work on microbial upstream process development and plasmid production.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Upstream Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
You will develop microbial upstream processes for plasmid DNA production as an input into gene therapy products
As the Senior Upstream Scientist, you will be responsible for identifying scale-up challenges and developing robust upstream processes for tech transfer to manufacturing scale, as well as developing and optimising efficient microbial fermentation, lysis and primary recovery steps
You will work with equipment of varying levels, including shake flasks, ambr250, 5L and 200L scales
It will be your responsibility to evaluate equipment improvements for automation and process operations and sampling
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Upstream Scientist, we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
Essentially, you will have a relevant degree in a biochemistry related subject (e.g.
biochemical engineering, biotechnology, cellular biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, etc) and a PhD is highly desirable
Proven industry experience in an upstream process development setting, working with bioreactors and fermenters is necessary
A working knowledge and practical experience with primary recovery operations for the development of plasmid DNA or biologics products is required
Key Words: Upstream | Senior Scientist | Fermentation | Microbial | Bioreactor | Ambr | Production | Plasmid | DNA | Biochemistry | Biologics | Biopharmaceutical | Biochemical Engineering | Process Development | Gene Therapy | AAV | Manufacturing | USP
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development.
We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position.
HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists.
We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
- Start: 21/05/2020
- Rate: Experience dependent
- Location: Berkshire,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgina Beer
- Tel: 0203 910 2980
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: J5633304
- Posted: 2020-05-21 17:36:26 -
- View all Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Logistics Coordinator
- Linux/ AWS System Administrator
- Market Development Manager
- Clinical Pharmacokineticist
- Senior Computational Chemist
- Principal Computational Chemist
- Regulatory Affairs Assistant
- Senior Quality Auditor GMP
- Senior Quality Assurance Officer
- Technical Formulation Manager
- Experienced Fermentation Scientist
- Cell Therapy Manufacturing Technologist (T Cells)
- Quality Control Associate
- Senior Analytical Scientist - Pharmaceuticals
- Multi-Skilled Engineer
- Technology Transfer Project Manager
- Automation & Computer Systems Validation (CSV) Lead Engineer
- Site Director - Life Sciences
- Group Leader - DMPK
- Supply Chain Co-Ordinator