Band 6 Occupational Therapist - Stroke & ABI
We are seeking an experienced Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join the Stroke and Acquired Brain Injuries Therapies team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
This role is a Hospital and Community-based role; candidates should ideally have a mix of experience in both sectors.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfCbanding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 6 salary is up to £47,094 plus an annual bonus of £1,286 and higher penalty rates; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island's acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Providing excellent STroke and ABI care, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000.
It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St.
Peter's Port, the island's capital.
Qualified Occupational with full HCPC registration.
At least two years post-registration experience, including specific stroke and Acquired Brain Injury experience.
The ability to manage own defined caseload
Experienced in supervision of Students and OT Assistants, and assisting in the orientation of junior qualified OTs.
To be willing and able to work as part of a flexible OT Service and a wider multi-disciplinary team in a variety of settings including; Service Users’ own homes, community settings, long term care areas, Service Users’ work place, as well as within the acute Hospital.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- An annual bonus of £1,286
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000
- On-site Staff Accommodation
- A generous allowance for private rental accommodation
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
Jarrodean is a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of qualified Allied Health Professionals.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of the OT role places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Therapy Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
- Rate: Â£36k - 48.4k per year + Bonus, Â£5,000 relocation, accomm
- Location: St Peter Port, Channel Islands
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
- Contact: Fiona Brown
- Tel: 020 7112 9087
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: AOT1029/GY
- Posted: 2020-05-22 07:59:39 -
- View all Jobs from Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
More Jobs from Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
- Staff Nurse - Long term neurological conditions
- Staff Nurse - Neuro Complex Care
- Staff Nurse - (Neuro) Young Onset Frontal Temporal Dementia
- Staff Nurse - Neuro Rehabilitation
- Nurse Unit Manager - Neuro Rehab
- Operating Theatre Ophthalmic Scrub Practitioner
- Operating Theatre Orthopaedic Scrub Practitioner
- Band 5 Scrub and Anaesthetic Practitioner
- Staff Nurse - Urology, GI & Plastics Surgical Ward
- Occupational Health Nurses - Register for future notifications
- Lead Nurse - Outpatients
- Enfermeros/as para hospital publico del NHS al norte de Londres
- Pharmacists / Pharmacy Technicians - Register for future opportunities
- Paramedics - Notifications for Future Opportunities
- Podiatrists (HCPC) - Notifications for Future Opportunities
- Paediatric and Neonatal Ward Manager
- Paediatric & Neonatal Staff Nurse Band 5
- Neonatal - Senior Staff Nurse - Band 6
- Paediatric Staff Nurse Band 5
- NICU - Senior Staff Nurse - Band 6