Paediatric Matron - Band 8A
Our client is the major Health facility on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
We are seeking an experienced Band 8A Paediatric Matron, to lead the Children's Service.
Please note; The States of Guernsey has adopted the AfCbanding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Band 8A salary is £53,513 - £64,218 plus an annual bonus of £1,286
This is a key leadership role, reporting to the Head of Midwifery and Paediatrics and provides leadership, operational management and strategic direction of the service area.
You will lead services that deliver high quality outcomes against best practice standards and promote a culture of openness and transparency whilst enabling your teams to engage in person-centred service developments.
The Inpatient service comprises a nine-bed ward and a three-cot Neonatal Unit.
Key relationship include; Manager of Health Visitors, School nurses and Community Paediatric Nurses, CAHMS, Children and Family Services, Head of Public Health for Women and Children, Critical Care Unit, A&E, Children’s Dental Services.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000.
It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbor town in St.
Peter's Port, the island's capital.
Delivering a diverse range of healthcare services within the hospital, and supporting people in the wider community, their Health Service provides excellent Paediatric care, supported by Great Ormond Street, London, by modern equipment and Nurses recruited to a very high standard.
Registered Paediatric Nurse with part 8 or 15 NMC registration.
Current Band 7 or equivalent senior Paediatric experience in an Acute Paediatric Inpatient and/or Neonatal setting
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- An annual bonus of £1,286
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000
- On-site Staff Accommodation – three months free
- A generous allowance for private rental accommodation
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
- Rate: Â£54.8k - 65.5k per year + Bonus, Â£5K relocation, accomm
- Location: Guernsey
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
- Contact: Fiona Brown
- Tel: 020 7112 9087
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: MM0109/GY
- Posted: 2020-05-22 07:59:49 -
- View all Jobs from Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
More Jobs from Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
- Staff Nurse - Long term neurological conditions
- Staff Nurse - Neuro Complex Care
- Staff Nurse - (Neuro) Young Onset Frontal Temporal Dementia
- Staff Nurse - Neuro Rehabilitation
- Nurse Unit Manager - Neuro Rehab
- Operating Theatre Ophthalmic Scrub Practitioner
- Operating Theatre Orthopaedic Scrub Practitioner
- Band 5 Scrub and Anaesthetic Practitioner
- Staff Nurse - Urology, GI & Plastics Surgical Ward
- Occupational Health Nurses - Register for future notifications
- Lead Nurse - Outpatients
- Enfermeros/as para hospital publico del NHS al norte de Londres
- Pharmacists / Pharmacy Technicians - Register for future opportunities
- Paramedics - Notifications for Future Opportunities
- Podiatrists (HCPC) - Notifications for Future Opportunities
- Paediatric and Neonatal Ward Manager
- Paediatric & Neonatal Staff Nurse Band 5
- Neonatal - Senior Staff Nurse - Band 6
- Paediatric Staff Nurse Band 5
- NICU - Senior Staff Nurse - Band 6