Biomedical Scientist - Microbiology - Band 6
We are seeking a committed and experienced Band 6 Biomedical Scientist to join our client's Clinical Microbiology team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the Agenda for Change banding system, but have applied their own salary scale, as above.
The current Guernsey Band 6 salary is up to £47,094 plus an annual bonus of £1,286 and higher penalty rates; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The laboratory receives approximately 35-40K specimens per year divided between Bacteriology, Serology, Mycology and Molecular Microbiology.
In addition, the department provides epidemiological data to the Infection Prevention & Control team and the Environmental and Public Health Directorate.
The Microbiology Department uses the following platforms:
- Biomerieux Vitek, BacT/Alert & Vidas
- Cepheid GeneXpert
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare services, diagnosing and treating patients within the hospital, and supporting people with disabilities in the wider community.
Their Health Service provides excellent care, supported by modern equipment and Health Professionals recruited to a very high standard.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000.
It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St.
Peter's Port, the island's capital.
- Biomedical Scientist with full HCPC registration.
- Current or recent Band 5 or 6 experience (or independent sector equivalent) with a good range of Microbiology skills.
- Proficient in working individually or as part of a small team.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- An annual bonus of £1,286
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000
- On-site Staff Accommodation
- A generous allowance for private rental accommodation
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
- Rate: Â£36k - 48.4k per year + Bonus, Â£5,000 relocation, accomm
- Location: St Peter Port, Channel Islands
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
- Contact: Fiona Brown
- Tel: 020 7112 9087
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: ABMS125/GY
- Posted: 2020-05-22 08:00:50 -
- View all Jobs from Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
More Jobs from Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
- Staff Nurse - Long term neurological conditions
- Staff Nurse - Neuro Complex Care
- Staff Nurse - (Neuro) Young Onset Frontal Temporal Dementia
- Staff Nurse - Neuro Rehabilitation
- Nurse Unit Manager - Neuro Rehab
- Operating Theatre Ophthalmic Scrub Practitioner
- Operating Theatre Orthopaedic Scrub Practitioner
- Band 5 Scrub and Anaesthetic Practitioner
- Staff Nurse - Urology, GI & Plastics Surgical Ward
- Occupational Health Nurses - Register for future notifications
- Lead Nurse - Outpatients
- Enfermeros/as para hospital publico del NHS al norte de Londres
- Pharmacists / Pharmacy Technicians - Register for future opportunities
- Paramedics - Notifications for Future Opportunities
- Podiatrists (HCPC) - Notifications for Future Opportunities
- Paediatric and Neonatal Ward Manager
- Paediatric & Neonatal Staff Nurse Band 5
- Neonatal - Senior Staff Nurse - Band 6
- Paediatric Staff Nurse Band 5
- NICU - Senior Staff Nurse - Band 6