Head of Agronomy
Head of Agronomy
£Great + Bens
Our client is an expanding wholesale packaging operation committed to quality in a customer-focused industry.
They have built an exceptional reputation by combining many years of expertise with modern production and processing techniques, supporting local sourcing with a focus on quality.
They are currently going through a phase of significant capital investment to fuel and support growth opportunities.
- Lead the team of agronomists and oversee our crop production bulletin.
- Responsible for the management of the Agronomy Support Team.
- Responsible for the management and performance of the Laboratory
- Define strategy for the evolving requirements of the Agronomy Team, Agronomy Support Team and laboratory providing scientific support to our growers.
- Oversee the supply of high-quality plant material to our growers in conjunction with our nursery supply arrangements and partners.
- Horizon scan crop production developments and assess how new technologies should are best introduced to our grower members.
- Represent the Agronomy Team on our Grower Research Advisory Panel.
- Provide information and assistance to the Head of Planning to influence the group's overall production strategy and forecasts.
Where required, provide assistance to the planning process to individual growers plans to ensure that our production and market demands are aligned.
- Design and manage our programme of educational visits, farm walks and knowledge exchange activities to ensure that our growers are well informed.
- Manage the regional and crop benchmarking groups in order to and promote best practice and continuous improvement of all growers.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit.
If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page.
This does not need to be formatted in the same manner.
In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...
More Jobs from KHR - Recruitment Specialists
- Sales Executive /Account Manager - B2B
- Content Creator
- Sales Executive - Media Sales
- Estates Bursar- Interim- 12 months
- Account Manager - Media Sales
- Sales Director / Senior Sales Manager
- Network and Systems Engineer
- Entomologist and Lab Services Manager
- New Variety Development Manager
- Marketing Executive (B2C)
- Settlements Administrator
- FLT Warehouse Operative
- Baker (Nights) - Permanent
- HR and L&D Manager
- 3rd Line Senior Technical Specialist
- Machine Operator
- Design Engineer
- Head of Planning
- Head of Packaging