Responsible for managing, motivating, and developing the commercial team and examining reporting on all operational finances and commercial matters in respect of contracts undertaken.
Responsible for advising estimators on commercial and measurement matters in respect of tender preparation and for assisting in pre-contract commercial negotiations and order acceptance.
During works on site you and your team will assist and compile accounts and invoices, and formulate claims, final accounts, variations, and appropriate documents for legal redress.
Duties & Responsibilities
- At tender stage assisting estimators by reviewing tender conditions and advising on tender qualifications.
Also assisting the procurement team on the preparation of subcontract packages for tender quotations.
- Attending pre-contract meetings where appropriate and dealing with any letters or correspondence that reference commercial issues.
- Managing risk by reviewing letters of intent, orders, terms of contract and ensuring company's position is protected.
Reviewing and recommendation on client credit checks and negotiating / agreeing payment terms.
- Managing risk by reviewing our subcontract orders, agreeing terms of contract, and ensuring company's position is protected at all times should subbies fail to perform.
- Dealing with all commercial administration, letters and correspondence relating to contracts on an individual basis to bring a successful conclusion to the contract, liaising and managing external consultants or representatives as and when necessary.
- Where appropriate, carry out post contract review on contract finances.
- Weekly / monthly reporting - managing WIP monthly reporting process and job costing reviews.
Ensuring that weekly sales forecasts are issued to accounts, variations are tracked, and payment terms are strictly followed.
- Liaising with the accounts department including assisting the Credit Controller in debt control / collection.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or postgraduate in Quantity Surveying/ Commercial Management
- Accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Experience as a recognised Senior QS/Commercial Manager with strong commercial awareness with Construction Management experience
- Ability to produce and present profit and cash reports
- Manage a range of commercial aspects including procurement, tendering, contract administration, variations and management of subcontract works packages through to final account.
- Minimise risk, cost and maximise value by cost checking and analysis of labour, plant and materials.
- Broad construction and civil engineering industry experience covering many and various sectors and markets in commercial positions with industry main contracting organisations
- Large scale major project experience
- Strategy -disseminate a breadth of internal and external data and apply sound judgement regarding the strategic direction of the business
More Jobs from Madisons Recruitment Ltd
- Groundwork Labourer
- CCDO Labourer
- Chartered Building Surveyor
- General Labourer
- Fire Stopper
- CSCS Labourer
- Site Engineer
- Business Development Manager
- CSCS Cleaner
- Major Projects Surveyor
- DBS Cleaner
- Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Site Manager