Minor Works Assistant
Are you a Grounds, Building or General Minor Works Assistant looking for a new challenge?
South West Water provides reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations.
Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
We are now looking for 2 Minor Works Assistants to join our team in Torbay.
What will you be doing?
As a Minor Works Assistant, you will carry out a range of building and grounds maintenance activities at various sites under the guidance of the Minor Works Team leaders.
* Grass cutting, strimming and weed control
* Tree Work (at ground level) and Hedge Trimming
* Pathway repairs.
Step repairs, Cover repairs and maintenance - gravel, concrete, slabs
* Installation of control measures.
(H&S Short term, Capital Long Term - e.g.
weed control mesh etc)
* Woodwork & door furniture repairs and maintenance
* Roof gutter repairs and maintenance
* Painting and decoration
* Minor tank repairs and periodic cleaning of water treatment process tanks - e.g.
What do you need?
* Previous experience of light building or grounds maintenance repairs is essential
* Able to work to a high standard, with a focus on quality of work carried out.
* Have the ability to work in a methodical manner and problem solve.
* NVQ Level 2 Building Maintenance would be beneficial
* Driving Licence
* B + E Trailer Licence would be beneficial
What can South West water do for you?
In return for your hard work as our Minor Works Assistant, we can offer a salary of £19,367 per annum.
We also offer a range of excellent benefits, working within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the skills and experience to excel as our Minor Works Assistant, click apply today.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.