Southend on Sea are recruiting for an experienced Social Worker that is required within Southend Council's Adoption Team on a 10 month maternity cover contract as a senior practitioner.
The team consists of 6 social workers, a manager and 2 administrators and covers all aspects of adoption work.
The successful applicant will be involved in the recruitment, assessment and support of prospective adopters.
Alongside this they will have the opportunity to be involved in finding families for children requiring adoption and in supporting the child's social worker in negotiating through the adoption process.
There is also an increasing opportunity to support young people and adults in a post adoption capacity.
As a senior they will be expected to manage complex cases, supervise colleagues and deputise for the manager when required.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this position you must have a recognised Social Work qualification and be registered with the Social Work England.
You need to have previous experience of working within Adoption services.
The senior role in itself is required to provide a deputy to the team manager and take responsibility for cases of greater complexity and meet any required statutory responsibilities fitting to the role.
if you are interested in this role then please email your CV to Delanie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01772 208964
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Participation and Tracking Advisor
- Mental Health Support Worker - Norwich
- Mental Health Support Worker - Cambridge
- Mental Healthcare Assistant - Darlington
- Roofer - Coventry
- Business Support Officer
- Young People’s Support Advisor (Housing) – Hereford
- Children's Social Worker - LONDON BASED
- Independent Reviewing Officer, IRO, Lewisham
- LADO, Wandsworth, South West England
- Carelink Call Handler - Derby
- Children's Registered Manager
- Tenancy Specialist
- Educational Psychologist
- Senior Housing Practitioner - Bournemouth
- Deputy Head of Legal (Local Authority)
- Administrative Officer
- Estate Surveyor
- Deputy Early Years Manager
- General Practice Surveyor