Agricultural Accounts Manager
Agricultural Accounts Manager - Exeter
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £30,000 - £37,000 DOE + Benefits
A well respected, established and reputable Tax, Accounting and Business Service Provider for the Farming and Rural Business Sector in the South West.
Our client is seeking an individual with a passion for numbers, an analytical mind set and naturally problem solving in nature.
The ideal candidate will take responsibility for a predominately rural and agricultural portfolio, providing all round accounting, tax services and advice.
This role will involve supporting other team members and reviewing their work, accounts preparation, tax advice, business services for limited companies, partnerships, sole traders and individuals.
The successful candidate may also be involved in marketing and networking to build out the client portfolio.
Manage day to day client matters and liaise with a Partner on general issues and specific one-off projects
Provide a comprehensive business advice service through client meetings and business plans
Manage the portfolio to ensure all deadlines are met
Organise and oversee the administration of the client portfolio to deal with billing and workflow
Market the firm and help to bring in new clients as well as promoting added value services provided by the organisation
Manage the overall workload of the department together with other managers in the group
Control and review VAT return preparation
ESSSENTIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* The ideal candidate must be ACA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
* Candidates must have Private Practice experience (either large, national firm or regional, independent accountancy practice
* Candidates will have experience of providing all round accounting services and advice in THE Farming and Rural Business sector
* Experience in carrying out a review of year end accounts and resulting income tax or corporation tax returns
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with colleagues and clients
* Must be able to demonstrate both the technical expertise in this field along with the additional competencies in client facing, business development ability and aptitude to progress in the firm;
* This is a Supervisory role to assist with the day to day running of the department including the mentoring and training of less experienced members of the team - prior supervisory experience in a similar setting will be massively advantageous
* Applicants should possess the ability to demonstrate a genuine passion and interest in this sector
* Our client prefers candidates with recent and significant expertise in the agricultural sector accounting with working knowledge of associated tax issues
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Clerk to the Governing Body
- Financial Accountant
- Commercial Litigator Partner
- Training Executive - Software
- Building Envelope Draughtsperson
- School Business Manager (Primary School)
- Product Manager, Audience (website, apps)
- Night Porter
- Commercial Property Management Surveyor
- Chartered Building Surveyor
- Locum Veterinary Nurse
- NEW BUSINESS SALES : CLOUD, UC, SECURITY, CONNECTIVITY SOLUTIONS
- Part Time Technical Sales Administrator
- Vehicle Technician
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist
- Dental Nurse
- Qualified Dental Nurse - Part Time
- Treatment Co-Ordinator