Structural Engineer - Surveying
Structural Engineer - Surveying - North East
Salary: To £50k dependent upon experience
Our client are a North West based Engineering Consultancy specialising in Structural Inspections supported with a Structural Design team.
The business has been in operation for 3 years and has grown significantly with surveyors located across the North West and North East of England.
There is a need now to recruit a Structural Engineer with extensive Survey/Inspection and building defects experience to grow the business and provide regional coverage for the North East.
Chartered engineers would be desired as many lenders are now requiring this qualification.
Digital technology is at the heart of all that they do enabling them to complete two surveys per day and provide a concise report within 24 hours .They are able provide a high quality, highly efficient service to clients.
The successful candidate will embrace the benefits of new, innovative technology and bring new ideas to our business, to help shape their future
* This will be field based position and candidates will be comfortable with working flexible hours and working from home.
* Inspection of all types of buildings and structures and the preparation of digital reports, live on site
* Preparation of specifications for remedial works
* Providing technical support for Buildings Insurance claims, including subsidence, fire and storm damage
* Reporting to the Director of Surveying and providing progress reports
* Developing new ideas to help shape the future of the business
* Standard 37.5 hours a week with a flexible working day
* Degree qualified Civil/Structural Engineer (essential)
* Extensive post graduate experience in the inspection and reporting on structural defects (essential)
* Excellent knowledge of traditional and non-traditional construction (essential)
* General structural design experience (essential)
* Proficient in IT systems (essential)
* Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer MIStructE or MICE (desirable)
* Historic Buildings experience (desirable)
* Expert Witness experience (desirable)
* Buildings Insurance claims experience (desirable)
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent work ethic
* Passionate about new technologies and progressive change
* Technically excellent
* Car owner and UK driving licence
* All aspects of Microsoft Office
* GoReport (training will be provided)
* Industry standard structural design software
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions Manager
- Technical Solutions Architect
- Full Stack Software Engineer
- Business Analyst (tech products/customer data)
- Software Developer (AWS/Frontend/Backend/Agile)
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist
- Night Nurse
- Car Pricing Data Analyst
- Head of Quality
- Head of Nursing
- Lettings Negotiator
- Solicitor Crime
- Nursery Practitioner
- Sous Chef
- Head Chef / Sous Chef
- Classic Car Restoration Technician
- Trade Mark Formalities Assistant
- 3D Designer : Humanoid Robotics
- Architectural Technologist / Technician
- Service Advisor - Motorcycle Dealership