Registered Provider Liaison Lead Officer 5141345
Our client is looking for a Registered Provider Lead Officer for a 6 month contract in the London area of Kensington.
Key duties of the role include
- Registered Provider Liaison Lead Officer is part of the Housing Needs Department within the Housing and Social Investment Directorate.
The post holder will need to develop effective relationships with Registered Providers partners working in the Borough, with the GLA, and with internal services such as Environmental Health, Planning and Benefits and Revenues.
- The Lead Officer will develop contacts with the GLA and other boroughs as appropriate to support the provision of accommodation for the residents of Kensington and Chelsea.
- The post holder will advise on s.106 and other legal agreements covering the provision of affordable housing, exploring s.106 budget opportunities and seeking to ensure that homes provided are appropriate to the needs of the Borough by tenure, size, amenity and accessibility, and location.
- The post holder will assist in monitoring Registered Provider investment and disinvestment plans for the Borough.
Working with Planning, the post holder will help to develop policies and procedures that maximise the investment in existing and especially new affordable homes in the Borough.
- The post holder will act as a central point of liaison with Registered Providers on key Housing priorities such as tenancy sustainment and homelessness prevention, improving tenant employment and training opportunities, maximising the number of homes made available to residents on the Housing Register, improving standards in Registered Provider homes, and deepening tenant engagement.
- The post holder will represent the Council's aims as set out in its Tenancy Strategy.
Skills and knowledge
· Ability to work autonomously and use the authority of the role appropriately, in line with Council aims.
· To be self managing and self motivating with good workload management skills.
· Ability to prioritise work and complete tasks quickly while under pressure.
· Demonstrate a strong commitment to delivering better housing outcomes for residents, and the knowledge of how to do so.
· Ability to analyse and plan strategically to ensure work develops to meet emerging needs and challenges.
· Proven ability to engage intuitively and effectively with residents, working to co-design services where possible.
· Proven ability to negotiate effectively with senior partners.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Proven ability to write coherent, comprehensive briefs and reports.
· Proven ability to adhere to the Council's Values.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Head of Data Science (100% remote)
- Community Insight Officer
- Desktop Developer (C# / WPF)
- Intelligent Systems Engineer
- Director Regulatory Affairs ; Oncology
- Property Manager (Southend)
- Property Manager (Fareham)
- Corporate Process Engineering Expert
- AC Technician/Specialist
- Design & Technology Head (Corpoarte Engineering & Technology)
- Instrument and Calibration Technician - Ware & Stevenage
- Electronics Design Engineer
- SEND Commissioning Resource
- C# .NET Software Developer
- Instrumentation/ Automation Engineer
- Electrical & Automation Technician
- Solicitor (Finance/ Commercial) - Marine & Energy - London
- PLC Programmer - Rockwell
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Controls/Commissioning Engineer