Architectural Technologist - Kent
Salary: £38 - £45k
Our clients are a property and construction group focussing on high quality construction and surveying for a wide range of clients purchasing and building all types of property.
They are an independent firm Regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and provide comprehensive surveying, project management and design advice for commercial and residential property sectors.
This role sits within the in-house Architectural Design team of a phenomenally successful, fast paced Building Surveying Practice, based in an exceptional office location.
This position will provide the suitable candidate with a unique opportunity to manage live new build and refurbishment projects, from inception and design stage, through the construction stage to completion.
Working within the domestic, commercial, residential care home and educational sectors.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to progress their career within a positive environment, where learning and development is actively supported and promoted.
* Overall responsibility for day to day management and progression of several projects
* Undertake measured surveys when required
* Developing design from client briefs
* Project co-ordination
* Produce and submit valid statutory applications for planning and building regulations
* Produce large scale technical details, working drawings and tender packages
* Produce accurate and high-quality outputs
* Source technical information, liaise with technical departments and integrate agreed products and details in to the design
* Ensure correct application of our quality management systems, procedures, and document control
* Co-ordination of specialist consultants and an awareness of each specialist and how this is applied in the design process.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
* Minimum 5 years' post qualification experience
* Relevant Architectural / construction qualifications.
MCIAT desirable but not essential.
* A high level of written and verbal communications skills
* In-depth knowledge of current Building Regulations and planning process
* Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup or other 3D modelling software an advantage
* Experience of using NBS for specification writing
* An awareness of JCT Contracts, would be beneficial, but is not essential
* Hand drawing / Sketching skills would be advantageous
* Natural drive to achieve financial targets and hit figures for bonus
* Possess a passion for good design and providing excellent customer service
* Team player
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Clerk to the Governing Body
- Financial Accountant
- Commercial Litigator Partner
- Training Executive - Software
- Building Envelope Draughtsperson
- School Business Manager (Primary School)
- Product Manager, Audience (website, apps)
- Night Porter
- Commercial Property Management Surveyor
- Chartered Building Surveyor
- Locum Veterinary Nurse
- NEW BUSINESS SALES : CLOUD, UC, SECURITY, CONNECTIVITY SOLUTIONS
- Part Time Technical Sales Administrator
- Vehicle Technician
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist
- Dental Nurse
- Qualified Dental Nurse - Part Time
- Treatment Co-Ordinator