Director of Data and Analytics - major B2C service
Director of Data & Analytics
An opportunity has arisen to join a largescale, household brand-name organisation as Director of Data and Analytics, at an exciting time of major change for the business and wider industry.
Reporting to the CIO, you will lead a team of 20 in maximising benefit from data assets (internal and external), creating and delivering the data and analytics strategy and providing the vision and leadership to transform data, reporting and analytics capabilities.
This is a key strategic hire for the business, which has a new, ambitious business strategy underpinned by significant technology investment and innovation.
This is a business with sites and people spread widely across the south.
A FTSE 250 equivalent organisation with customer service at its centre.
You will be joining on the cusp of exciting transformation journey to a more modern, connected business, investing in technology and modernising services to provide a great customer experience.
At peer level in the CIO Directorate will be the Digital, IT and Business Change Directors, who are also driving forward major transformation programmes in support of the Corporate Plan.
Your work will span 4 key areas: Data management, Data Governance, Reporting and Insights.
You'll drive the business forward to create new standards, adopt new ways of working and deliver new capabilities as a platform to support achievement of the Corporate Plan.
The Data Transformation programme you will drive forward will be focused around three main datasets.
- Customer (particular focus on insight through segmentation)
- Assets (the business has 60k+ major assets, with asset data currently spread across multiple systems)
- People & skills (resource planning and management)
Required skills and experience
- Previous experience as a Director of Data and Analytics, with B2C sector experience and a significant track record of leading Data and Analytics transformations.
- Strong skills and experience spanning all areas of data and analytics delivery, including data warehousing, business intelligence (BI), data governance, data architecture, data integration, data classification, data strategy, data quality management, data security and privacy, MDM, data standards, regulatory compliance and enterprise architecture frameworks.
- Passionate about data, able to bring it to data strategy to life and make it interesting.
Gaining buy in and ownership across the business.
- Ability to excite.
To motivate; be able to play back importance of good solid data governance in a way that people take notice.
- Strong business acumen.
Confidence in working with senior executives and exceptionally customer focused
- Demonstrable data strategy experience; planning, execution, and policy development and maintenance.
- Specific technology tools/product experience is not essential; the business is largely Microsoft centred and you will be leading the selection and implementation of a new BI platform.
Breadth of experience would be beneficial.
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Experience in business/industry with significant asset portfolios advantageous.
- Experience of manging teams of c20 and budgets up to £2m.
- Exceptional negotiation and conflict resolution skills, negotiating both internally and with third parties.
Work-from-home initially, moving to Basingstoke with flexible working
12 Month Fixed term Contract.
Paying up to £125,000 per annum
Plus, an outstanding benefits package including cash benefits, bonus, 33 days holiday (increasing with length of service), Private Medical Insurance, Life Cover and a pension matched 1:1 up to 12%!
More Jobs from context recruitment
- Pricing Analyst
- SharePoint Administrator - SharePoint Support & Projects
- 2nd Line Support Engineer
- Business Systems Support Analyst
- Junior Network Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant / Senior Service Desk Engineer
- Project Provisioning Executive ( Connectivity )
- 1st Line Service Desk Analyst
- Mortgage Adviser
- Mortgage Adviser (Qualified)
- Mortgage Administrator
- Case Manager
- 2nd Line Support Technician
- Customer Support & Provisioning Coordinator
- Cloud Network Consultant
- Junior Devops Engineer
- Business Development Manager – ( UC / Data )
- ICT Business Development Manager
- Lead Web Analyst - Large-scale Digital Business
- Customer Success Manager