Laboratory Operations Technician
HRS are currently looking for a Laboratory Operations Technician to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Cambridgeshire area.
As the Laboratory Operations Technician you will be responsible for assisting the Laboratory Manager with the smooth running of the laboratory operations through coordination of day-to-day laboratory requirements and assisting with laboratory operations within the company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Laboratory Operations Technician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
You will ensure that the laboratories are fully operational (equipment and consumables) by;
- ensuring that all labs are kept clean and tidy
- calibrating all equipment on a regular basis, including pH meters and anaerobic cabinets
- ensuring water-baths are clean
Supporting the Laboratory Manager in ensuring laboratory compliance with Health and Safety Regulations.
This will include writing and updating documentation such as COSHH, Risk Assessments and Protocols.
As the Laboratory Operations Technician you will ensure media and other internally produced buffers and solutions are produced in line with the requirements of the scientists and ensure that QC checks are performed.
You will be a point of contact for equipment failure and any accidents or incidents in the laboratory.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Laboratory Operations Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
Relevant degree in a Microbiology related or Life Sciences discipline plus industry experience.
Proven industry experience working in a CL2 (containment level 2) laboratory.
A working knowledge and practical experience with anaerobic and tissue culture as well as media preparation.
Key Words: Laboratory / Operations / Technician / Microbiology / Biopharmaceutical / Life Sciences / CL2 / Containment / Anaerobic / Tissue Culture / Media.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development.
We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position.
HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists.
We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
- Start: 21/07/2020
- Rate: Â£20000 to Â£25000 Per: annum
- Location: Cambridgeshire,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Rachel Benjamin
- Tel: 0203 910 2980
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: J5633532
- Posted: 2020-07-21 18:09:22 -
- View all Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Mass Spectrometry Specialist
- LC-MS Officer
- Senior LC-MS Specialist
- Senior Formulation Scientist - Inhalation
- QC Analyst - ATR 886, 869
- Senior NPD Analyst
- Technical Project Leader
- Downstream Research Technician
- QC Microbiologist
- Head of Operations
- Immunology Scientist - Cell and Gene Therapy
- Validation Manager
- Clinical Trial Manager
- Research Leader - Scale up
- Senior Scientist / Team Leader - Protein Drug Discovery
- Director of Quality
- Change Management Programme Manager
- Change Programme Manager - Biopharmaceuticals
- Clinical Programme Manager
- Laboratory Supervisor