Optical/Transmission FAT Engineer - 3-Month Contract
London - £26.50 p/hr
Stream Resourcing are working with a market leading client and we are looking for a FAT Engineer to join their team, on a 3-month contact, based in London.
We are looking for an individual who will be accountable for carrying out:
- Integration of high capacity WDM Optical Transmission Equipment
- Configure the Equipment as required for the specific projects
- Analyse and investigate issues, determine root cause and implement improvements as applicable.
Record investigations and failed units on the standard ticket system.
- Assess which test is required for each specific project
- Testing the project equipment as required.
- Contributing to the day to day support to integration
- Perform climatic chamber test for production units
- Fault/Repair confirmation of returned/repaired units
- Generating reports for quality, efficiency and plan conformance as requested by department supervisor
- A relevant engineering degree in Optics or Data transmission or Electronics & Communication (Or suitable industry experience)
- Previous experience of working on contemporary transmission equipment, preferably optical transmission equipment (Desirable)
- Good knowledge in SDH Transmission, and DWDM and optical test equipment's (Advantage)
- Solid problem-solving skills with experience debugging problems in complex real-time systems.
- Ability to use varieties of test equipment such as Optical spectrum analyser, optical power meter, attenuator, oscilloscope etc.
- Experience & competence of working closely with Customers.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Senior C Developer
- Senior Bioanalytical Programme Manager
- Childcare Lawyer- RQ403215
- Controls Engineer
- Finance Manager - 5786111845841
- Media Relation Officer- RQ403258
- Highways and Infrastructure Engineer - Bristol - Up to £40k+
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Instructional Systems Designer
- Technical Correspondence Co-Ordinator
- Resource Controller
- Principal Electronics Design Engineer
- Supply Chain and Warehouse Manager
- Assistant PM (Rail)
- Highways & Infrastructure Engineer - Leicester - £38k
- CRM Production Executive
- Housing Surveyor
- Site Manager
- Strategic Transport Project Manager