We are currently looking for an NGS Scientist to join an exciting Genomics CRO, as they build their new NGS team in Cambridge.
As the NGS Scientist you will be responsible for delivering on customer sequencing projects, including library preparation and / or running NGS platforms.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the NGS Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Independently, or within your unit, perform library preparation and run customer samples on Illumina next generation sequencing (NGS) platforms.
This may also include infectious disease testing.
Actively troubleshoot process failures, hardware problems and sample related issues
Respond and report results to customer enquiries via telephone and email, and provide support to commercial team.
Continue to develop skills in DNA sequencing and next generation sequencing, learning the workflow.
Be trained on and comply with GCP guidelines as needed.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the NGS Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
Relevant degree degree in a Biological Sciences discipline such as Immunology, Genetics, Genomics, Biology, Life Science, Biotechnology or Molecular Biology
Proven experience and a good understating of understanding of NGS, including library preparation, running of NGS platforms or data analysis.
This may be within research, CRO's, biotech or pharma companies.
A practical experience using the Illumina NGS platform - MiSeq, NextSeq, NovoSeq 6000 and automated screening is desirable,
Keywords: MiSeq | NextSeq | NovoSeq 6000 | PCR / qPCR / Digital PCR / PCR Assay / Molecular Biology / DNA / RNA / NGS / Illumina MiSeq / bioinformatics / DNA extraction / RNA extraction / PhD / Post - Doc / Synthetic Biology / Next Generation Sequencing / Research / Cell Free DNA | Genomics | Genetics | Cambridge | East Anglia
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development.
We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position.
HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists.
We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
- Start: 28/07/2020
- Rate: Competitive
- Location: Cambridgeshire,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Despina Kefala
- Tel: 0203 910 2980
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: J5633316
- Posted: 2020-07-28 17:41:24 -
- View all Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- QC Analyst
- Development Analyst
- Account Manager - North East
- Equipment Validation and CSV Engineer
- Bioinformatics Data Engineer
- Senior Principal Scientist - Analytical Method Development
- Senior Viral Vector Scientist
- Downstream Process Development Scientist
- QC Microbiologist
- SAS Programmer
- RadioPharmacy Technician
- Molecular Assay Scientist
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Head of Operational Quality & QP
- Technical Manager - Formulation
- Senior Scientist - Clinical Assay Development
- Fermentation Group Leader
- Laboratory Systems Specialist
- Human Factors Lead (12 Month Contract)
- Senior Development Scientist