Technical Operator (Moulding)
Vacancy: Tecnical Operator (Moulding)
Location: Bradford (BD4)
Hours: Saturday 18:00 - 06:00, Sunday 22:00 - 10:00 (24 hours)
Pay Rate £12:00 per hour
Our client is a fast growing business who uses state of the art technology to produce quality products for their customers
The Moulding Technical Operator will be required to take a positive and pro-active approach to the day to day tasks and cooperate with and communicate to the Production Manager.
The Moulding Technical Operator duties are set out in order of the department objectives which cover Health & Safety, Quality and Production.
Each objective is broken down into specific tasks which should be followed and in turn will allow the department to function and adhere to both legal compliance along with internal policies and procedures.
The Production environment:
The plastics production facility consists of 12 injection moulding machines processing mainly polypropylene thin walled products mainly used in the paint industry.
The process of moulding and assembly of the products is highly automated using the most up to date technologies.
- To ensure that both yourself and your team members are working in an efficient manner to maximise productivity and performance.
- To ensure production KPI’s are met.
- Ensure all downtime is documented via production sheets as necessary.
- Continuously develop yourself and other less experienced colleagues in line with the company training requirements, advise the department Manager of the individual training requirements and progress.
- To ensure that you and you team members report defects on tooling for repair and to assess the effectiveness of any repairs carried out to allow for continuous improvement.
- Work with the Management team and engineering department closely, forming part of continuous improvement groups to actively reduce machine and process downtime.
- To maintain a standard of discipline with you team whist promoting a positive and safe culture.
- To discuss with departmental manager requirements that you or your team have to facilitate the points above.
- To actively promote a positive Quality culture ensuring compliance to internal policies and procedures which will in order satisfy the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and the expectations of the end user of the product manufactured..
- Ensure that your team members are competently trained to carry out quality checks working to a common standard.
- Ensure that your team members accurately complete paperwork (Timesheets, Quality inspections etc).
- Where Quality issues arise ensure compliance with the company isolation procedures making sure that all associated paperwork is correctly completed and Production Manager informed/ made aware of.
- Assist pro-actively to identify the root causes of non conforming product and make suggestions and recommendations for corrective actions.
Health & Safety:
- To actively promote a positive Health and Safety culture ensuring compliance to legislation and internal policies and procedures which will in order satisfy the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007?
- On shift start-up ensure you and your work colleagues are wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment which will be worn throughout the shift.
- Ensure incidents and accidents, to include Near Misses, are reported and to provide a positive input to finding the root cause of such incidents and accidents and making relevant suggestions to preventing re-occurrence.
- Ensure that the area that you and your team are working is clean and free from associated hazards which have the potential to harm or affect you and your colleagues.
- Mentor trainees and colleges ensuring compliance to the above points.
The ideal candidate should have working knowledge and experience of Injection Moulding and have IMT Level 1 or Level 2 qualification.
Some previous supervisory experience would also be advantageous.
The role requires self-motivation and the ability to get the best out of others.
Aqumen Business Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: Â£12 per hour
- Location: Bradford (BD4), Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Aqumen Recruitment
- Contact: Graham Smith
- Tel: 01977515626
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: GSM4BD
- Posted: 2020-07-28 17:50:28 -
- View all Jobs from Aqumen Recruitment