3D CAD Programmer
3D CAD Programmer
Job title: 3D CAD Engineer/Programmer
Reporting to: Production Manager
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm (Inclusive of 30 minutes for lunch)
Salary: £23k to £35k+ (dependant on experience, open to negotiation)
The successful candidate/s will be responsible for and tasked with programming customer orders for tube laser cutting machines.
They will be expected to converse politely and efficiently with customers ensuring high expectations are met.
The ability to work well in and collaborate witinh a team is essential, but candidates must also be confident to work from their own initiative to handle enquiries and problem solve complex engineering solutions using tube laser cutting capabilities.
This requires strong interpersonal and organisational skills with critical attention to detail, interacting with both customers directly and all teams internally, such as CAD Drawing, Production and Accounts.
A high level of CAD/Solidworks experience and capability is essential.
Ability to read both 2D and 3D technical drawings.
Strong time and workplan management skills
Reasonable knowledge of metal specifications would be preferable, together with any knowledge of our cutting methods and previous laser cutting experience.
The role is to programme customer 3d tube parts for our in-house tube laser cutting machines. Whilst attention to detail is critical, candidates will also be responsible identifying and utilising laser cutting techniques to add value to customer production processes. Time management will also be important to help meet customer expectation and delivery times, prioritising jobs based on urgency, complexity, and cutting time required. Polite and cohesive customer interaction will also be expected where necessary such as design and development discussions.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- 3D Programming of customer parts.
- Progress customer orders using effective time management and organisational skills.
- Support and problem solve customer queries/challenges at every opportunity using creativity and manufacturing techniques.
- Maintain a high level of service and reliability throughout all customer contact and internal team collaboration.
- Where time allows the successful candidate will be encouraged to experiment and get creative with machine capabilities to look at new products, sample pieces of work, and new customer markets.
Ultimately, a willingness to learn new skills is required as full training will be given to suitable candidates. We hire for attitude.
Commutable from: Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley and surrounding areas.
32 days holiday inc bank holiday
Free car parking
Full training available
More Jobs from Postify
- Accounts Semi Senior
- Market Research Telephone Interviewer - UK B2B
- Production Packer
- Lorry / Truck Driver (Class 3 / Category C1 / 7.5 tonnes)
- Office Administrator
- Electrical Contracts Manager
- Senior Accountant/Client Manager
- IT Support Technician
- Part Time Dental Nurse/Receptionist
- Mid-Level PHP Developer
- Bookkeeper in Accountancy Practice