Solicitor / Senior Solicitor
Solicitor / Senior Solicitor - Newcastle
Full Time Permanent Senior Solicitor or Solicitor to work within the Residential Property / Conveyancing Department of an award winning market leading Newcastle based law firm to start as soon as possible.
Salary: Dependent upon Experience
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CLIENT WELCOMES APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES APPLYING FOR EITHER A SOLICTOR ROLE OR SENIOR SOLICITOR ROLE - PLEASE STATE YOUR APPLICATION CHOICE
Benefits: Excellent benefit package (without legal obligation) available after qualifying period to include generous annual entitlement, company bonus scheme, contributory pension scheme, funded training and learning, cycle to work scheme and contributory health care scheme.
Our prestigious independent client has been established for over thirty years and is recognised as a market leading firm with coverage across many Scottish and North Eastern regions employing a range of staff to include independent advisers, lawyers and property professionals.
Boasting a strong network of branches and a vast team of support personnel our client is entrusted with working alongside many leading financial institutions, brands and professional bodies offering a bespoke service to encompass an array of services.
The successful candidate will manage a busy and varied case load working exclusively for lender clients.
Applicants will need to offer previous experience of managing complex remortgage and mortgage applications, working autonomously, meeting deadlines and offering flexibility to assist with a variety of associated tasks.
Given the diversity of client range and case files the successful candidate will need to be competent supporting both standard and non-standard caseloads.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Overseeing and managing a varied caseload of non-standard/complex remortgage and transfer of equity transactions
* Dealing with non-standard/complex property sales transactions and offering flexibility to provide ad hoc technical support to the sales team
* Instructing and managing a small team of fee earners undertaking non-standard remortgage transactions, allocating tasks, monitoring team progress and acting as their supervising solicitor to ensure service levels and KPI's are met
* Supervising and leading a small team of post-completion paralegals and banking litigation clerks by providing instruction, handling law related queries, distributing tasks, and resolving problems as required.
* Assisting the high-volume standard remortgage team with legal technical queries, providing supervision and addressing and training and development issues.
* Offering flexibility to offer ad hoc commercial legal advice and support on a variety conveyancing and related issues to lender clients and management
* Maintaining and managing all related administrative tasks and duties, ensuring accurate and timely case management administration
* Excellent time management and motivational skills, ability to work under pressure and evident forward thinking to anticipate problems.
Essential skills and experience:
* England & Wales qualified Solicitor or Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
* Experience working within a residential conveyancing and property law firm together with experience of remortgage conveyancing tasks.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to motivate, mentor and lead small teams.
* Articulate, highly organised and adaptable to embrace new working practices and training opportunities.
* Excellent administrative skills
* Professional and approachable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful group yet be able to enjoy personal growth and achievement.
This brand aims to be number one player in its field.
Apply online, including your current remuneration details
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- French Speaking Customer Service Representative (Out Of Hours)
- Vehicle Technician / MOT Tester
- Researcher/Senior Researcher
- Transport Planner
- Fabricator/ Welder - Roller Shutters
- Roller Shutter/ Industrial Door Engineer
- Lead Nurse
- Experienced Scaffolders
- Part 2/ Advanced Scaffolders
- IT Administrator
- SEO Specialist
- Senior Product Manager
- Emergency Treatment Room Nurse
- Insurance consultant
- Insurance Consultant
- Finance Business Analyst
- Experienced Vetigraph Patter Cutter
- Service Engineer - Audio Visual
- Occupational Health Technician - Hinkley, Somerset
- Nurse / RGN / Occupational Health Nurse