Research Scientist - High Throughput Screening Assays
HRS are currently looking for a Research Scientist - High Throughput Screening Assays to join a leading Drug Discovery company based in the Cambridgeshire area.
As the Research Scientist - High Throughput Screening Assays you will be responsible for developing and optimising assays to characterise bacterial isolates.
This is a great opportunity for either someone with a PhD and/or Post Doc in the microbiology field or similar, or someone with a BSc/MSc but several years R&D experience in microbiology in a industrial setting.
This will be an initial 12 month FTC.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research Scientist - High Throughput Screening Assays will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
You will develop and optimise microbiological assays to characterise bacterial products.
Your will be focused on anaerobic bacteria.
You will also develop new and existing high throughput bacterial screening (HTS) assays.
Act as the expert in microbiology to support other departments.
You will support junior member's of the team and provide training and support.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Scientist - High Throughput Screening Assays we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
Relevant degree in a Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology etc.
Proven industry experience in microbiology related projects ideally in a drug discovery.
A working knowledge and practical experience with high throughput screening assays to characterise bacterial products.
Key Words: Research Scientist / Microbiology / Bacteria / Assay Development / Drug Discovery / HTS / HTP / High Throughput Assays / Biopharmaceutical
- Start: 21/08/2020
- Rate: Depending on experience
- Location: Cambridgeshire,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Christina Giakou
- Tel: 0203 910 2980
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: J5633670
- Posted: 2020-08-21 17:25:28 -
- View all Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Senior Solid State Scientist - Pharmaceuticals
- Senior Research Scientist - Antibody/Protein/Cell Engineering
- Biotechnology Process Engineer - 12 Month Contract
- Bioinformatics Software Engineer
- Statistical Bioinformatician
- Principal Research Scientist
- Interim Head of Quality Assurance
- Sales Account Manager
- Senior Scientist - T Cell Engineering
- Analytical Study Director
- Senior Analytical Scientist - Pharmaceuticals
- Analytical Chemist
- Consultant QP
- Senior GMP Technologist
- Informatics Scientist
- Senior Manufacturing Technologist
- Lab Manager - COVID 19
- Senior Production Technician
- QC Analyst
- Maintenance Technician (Shift)