Social Worker- Mental Health - Southend On Sea
Social Worker- Mental Health – Southend On Sea
Full-Time (37 hours)
To support citizens across Southend-on-Sea (including out-of-borough cases) with the aim to offer the appropriate support in the right place at the right time.
To understand individual’s strengths, assets and wishes to maximise their potential for independence, recognising the importance of assuming that the individual is best placed to know their own outcomes, goals and wellbeing.
To hold a caseload of people with complex mental health needs and undertake comprehensive needs led assessments.
Support individuals to develop personalised care plans that take account of community assets, informal networks, universal services and other support and provision which reduces dependency.
To contribute to the provision of effective after care services, including those required under Section 117 and the Care Programme Approach.
To work with health and social care colleagues and other partners by engaging in innovative practice and a visionary approach to creating a better Southend. Participate in multi-disciplinary systems as appropriate, including joint screening and assessment as required
- Utilise your creativity and step up to offer your views and opinions
- Act as a catalyst for change, ensuring that solutions and outcomes are based on recognised best practice and innovation.
- Be part of a team that embraces the process of change, participating in effective team working.
- Be an exemplar for high quality complex social work practice, leading through example in your communication style, knowledge, values and person-centred approach.
- Promote critical reflection and participate in group work to ensure that the work environment is safe, responsive, flexible and emotionally capable.
- Work closely with all partners across statutory partners (such as Police), Health and Social Care to ensure that there is effective coordination of interdependences including the resolution of risks and other issues that may arise.
- Understand and follow accurately Departmental procedures regarding the contracting, purchasing and reviewing of all forms of care.
- Create space for innovative and courageous practice that seeks to develop the best quality outcomes for people in the borough
- Embrace a culture of active engagement and co-production across the team, community and system wide
- Engage with people on all levels when considering how services are delivered with an onus on co-production.
- Participate in community engagement and cohesion to effectively reduce adults and families who are experiencing isolation, loneliness, marginalisation and disconnection.
- Be willing to use critical thinking about how services are developed and maintained with our communities and stakeholders
- Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders who are crucial to creating a better Southend, including General Practitioners (GPs), other primary care professionals, hospital staff and community leaders/groups relevant to the locality.
- Embrace the vision of an asset-based approach, health and social care integration and developing community resilience.
- Adhere to the ethos and principles of the Care Act (2014) and other associated adult social care legislation as part of the Adult Social Care Transformation.
- Follow the principles and legislation of care in the community to act as care co-ordinator, sensitively designing community care packages to meet identified needs.
- Apply a strengths/asset-based approach to practice, both in terms of individual assessments, care plans and reviews and the culture within the team.
- Promote social work values, ethics and commit to ensuring that individuals are at the centre of practice
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices.
4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
More Jobs from 4Healthcare
- Solicitor/Lawyer - Oxfordshire County Council
- Qualified Social Worker - Protection and Permanency
- Qualified Social Worker - LAC Team
- Support Coordinator - Kingston Upon Thames
- Covid 19 Compliance Support Officer
- Qualified Social Worker - Assessment & Intervention Team
- Reviewing Officer - Southend-on-Sea
- Human Resources Service Centre Adviser
- Community Re-Ablement Worker - Central Bedfordshire Council
- Social Worker Adults - Southend-on-Sea
- Approved Social Worker - City of Westminster
- Senior Professional Practitioner - Nottinghamshire
- Senior Quality Contracts Officer - Halifax
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners (ANP)- West Midlands
- Assistant Manager - Barnsley
- SEN Travel Assistance Coordinator - Greenwich
- Qualified Social Worker - Children with Disabilities Team
- Supervising Contact Worker- Children in Care- Kent
- Senior Strategic Planner - Hackney
- Fostering Social Worker - Southend-on-Sea