£40,000 - £50,000
Surfacing / Civil Engineering / Construction
(Civil engineering / Construction sub-contractor)
The Client, based in Stockton-on-Tees, operates in the North East, Yorkshire and Humber areas.
The company actively works within civil engineering, surfacing and groundworks.
Due to increase growth, are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Candidate Must Have:
- Mainly Sub-Contractor Experience
- Surfacing, Groundworks, Highway Maintenance, Drainage, Sewers and Plot surveying experience
- Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion.
- Value determination.
- Risk management and calculation.
- Procurement advice and assistance during the tendering procedures.
- Tender analysis and agreement of the contract sum.
- Commercial management and contract administration.
- Assistance in dispute resolution.
- Asset Capitalization.
- Interim valuations and payment assessment.
- Cost management process.
- Assessing the additional cost of design variations and providing substantiation.
- Production of company pre-qualifications questionnaire (PQQ) documentation in line with company policies.
- Provide assistance support and guidance on commercial issues.
- This role will require site visitation in addition to the normal office-based work.
- Manage multiple clients and contracts.
- Good organisational skills will be required with the ability to complete tasks and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Qualified Quantity Surveying.
- Experience within a similar role.
Ideally someone that has experience working within a sub-contractor environment rather than Contractor.
- Commercially astute - working knowledge of standard forms of contract and standard methods of measurement.
- NEC3 experience.
- JCT Experience.
- DOM 1-4
- Good knowledge of early warnings and CE procedures within NEC3.
- Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages.
- Literate and Numerate.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to priorities.
- Ability to work to deadlines and with minimum supervision.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please call Josh Moss on 02392 322389, or email your CV to email@example.com
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Quality Engineer
- QA Operations Manager
- HR Advisor-
- Organisational Learning Lead
- Senior P&I Claims Adjuster - London
- Recruitment Manager - 7773411921792
- Adult Social Care Lawyer
- Experienced Case Manager
- Specialist Case Manager
- Clinical Lead - Multi Trauma
- Associate Case Managers
- Community Developer - Live Engagement - 102751-1
- Repairs Planning Officer
- Senior EMC Project Engineer
- Procurement Business Partner
- Shift Maintenance Engineer
- Pharmaceutical Recruitment Consultant
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Network Engineer
- QC Analyst (12 month FTC)