Clinical Laboratory Supervisor - Molecular Biology
HRS are looking for a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor - Molecular Biology to join a leading life sciences organisation on the front line of fighting COVID-19.
The company is based in South Wales area.
As the Clinical Laboratory Supervisor - Molecular Biology, you will perform DNA/RNA extraction and PCR.
This will be a 12 month FTC with shift work.
This will be a great opportunity for an experienced biomedical scientist (HCPS accredited ideally) to support with building clinical sequencing laboratory services.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Clinical Laboratory Supervisor - Molecular Biology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Directing daily high complexity laboratory operations including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions.
Developing, writing, reviewing and implementing procedures and policies adhering to ISO15189.
Demonstrating technical expertise in molecular biology techniques, including RNA Extraction and rtPCR
As the Clinical Laboratory Supervisor you will be supervising junior staff and conduct employee performance appraisals.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Clinical Laboratory Supervisor - Molecular Biology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
Relevant degree in a Molecular Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Microbiology etc.
HCPS accreditation preferred.
Proven experience working in a clinical setting focused on Molecular Biology.
Ideally in a regulated environment such as ISO15189.
A working knowledge and practical experience with molecular biology techniques, including PCR, DNA/RNA extraction.
Key Words: PCR / DNA / RNA extraction / Clinical Laboratory / ISO15189 / Biomedical Sciences / Infectious Disease / COVID19 Testing / Supervisor / Line Managment / Lab Set Up
- Start: 14/09/2020
- Rate: Â£40000 to Â£50000 Per: annum Benefits: + Shift Allowance
- Location: Wales,Wales
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Christina Giakou
- Tel: 0203 910 2980
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: J5633775
- Posted: 2020-09-14 17:44:25 -
- View all Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- QC Analyst
- Genomics Account Manager
- Analytical Scientist - 12 month FTC (Maternity cover)
- Bioanalytical Scientist - ELISA
- Analytical Development Team Leader
- Senior Scientist - Assay Development
- Analytical Technical Leader
- Equipment Leader
- Technical Leader - Analytical
- Feed Technology Centre Manager
- Senior Pharmaceutical Development Scientist
- Head of Quality
- QA Officer
- QA Team Lead
- Scientist - Industrialisation - Raman Spectroscopy
- QC Equipment Qualifcation Specialist
- QC Section Head
- Viral Vector Production Lead
- Senior Fermentation Scientist