General Manager - Insurance
General Manager - Insurance Sector - Gibraltar - Salary up to £85,000 Plus Relocation Assistance Plus Bonus, Share Options and additional Benefits- EU applicants may only apply
SRGEurope are recruiting on behalf of our client a General Manager, they are an International Financial Services (Insurance specific) company with a base here in Gibraltar.
The General Manager will have all round commercial awareness with a focus on Claims, Compliance and Financial aspects.
Our client a high energy, proactive Financial Services business (insurance), regulated by the FCA (UK) are recruiting for an Insurance all-rounder with a minimum of 10 years' experience.
The General Manager will be the Gibraltar figure head for their business.
The General Manager will manage the day to day operations including compliance and conduct review, financial and accounting results plus reporting, coordinating Solvency 2 requirements and liaising with all third parties.
Duties and responsibilities are but not confined to:
- Oversee daily operations of the company
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Improve and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Manage and cultivate existing relationships and workflow with
- Strategic partners/teams in Gibraltar,
- Reinsurance Company Manager
- Actuarial Function Holder
- Europe (Legal, Regulatory, Compliance, Product, Finance etc.)
- Captive Accounting (Program Results)
- Internal Audit alongside External Auditors
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics on Premium, Claims, Expenses
- Conduct and Compliance
- Coordinate and manage compliance responsibilities
- Liaise with Insurance managers to ensure timely reporting and delivery of Solvency II requirements
- Stay informed of Regulatory requirements in Gibraltar and UK insurance in general
- Review and organize company approval evaluation for new business opportunities or program changes generated from Europe Group
- Prepare quarterly Board material and monitor outstanding action items
- Participate in the Company's Committees and Board and be a Member of the Board of Directors
- Participant on the Underwriting & Claims Committee
- Participant on the Audit & Risk Committee
- Proven history of delivering results and projects to agreed deadlines
- Experience of being responsible for the development / management of products
- Self-starter who can work both individually and as part of teams
- Demonstrate a confident and robust personality, not afraid to challenge
- Exhibit a strong, comprehensive knowledge of insurance company management for UK consumer lines of business
- Strong creative and commercial abilities as well as analytical approach to underwriting
- Good communication skills to drive business plans forward and cement relationships
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills, advanced Excel ability preferred
- Minimum of 10 years Insurance industry experience
- Some travel may be required
Our International client is growing at pace in the Financial Services sector, striving each day to provide the best possible products and services to its customers.
Their employees are characterized by there desire to succeed, team spirit and high energy.
Their professionalism is of the highest order, coupled with the ability to find simple and sophisticated solutions for their clientele.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
More Jobs from SRG
- Senior Money Laundering and Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- Java Developer
- PPC & Display Manager (DE)
- German Affiliate Manager
- Remote DTC E-commerce Marketing Director
- Content Operations Manager
- Compliance Officer
- Creative Content Writer (German)
- German Customer Service Executive
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Compliance Officer
- Compliance Administrator
- Audit Senior
- Audit Senior
- Head of Sports (DACH)
- Back Office Assistant
- Private Client Relationship Manager
- Accounts Assistant
- Underwriting Assistant
- Senior Company Administrator