Transport Planner (experience preferred) - Dover, Kent
Salary: £27-30k Dependent on Experience + benefits
Our client is currently looking for a strong Transport Planner to join the company to assist a current team of 3 in a busy transport environment with further opportunities to progress within this growing business.
Founded over 50 years ago our client is a Kent based transport company whose key strengths are their reliability and finding flexible solutions to meet their customers needs.
Currently operate throughout the UK, France, and Benelux regions of Europe.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of working within the transport industry (UK and Europe) and of working in a busy and pressured office environment.
* Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise effectively with drivers, customers, work colleagues and members of the public is a requirement.
A very professional and friendly telephone manner is essential to the role.
Good geographical knowledge of the UK would also be beneficial.
* Outstanding customer service skills.
* The individual would need to have excellent problem solving skills and be able to adapt to a changing environment and to take responsibility for decisions made at short notice as and when required.
* The applicant will need to have very good organisational skills to keep on top of a variety of essential time specific tasks.
* Adept at developing new business/clients to aid continued growth of the company, so business development skills are required.
* You must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will:
* Undertake the daily planning for 14 vehicles.
This involves meeting timed deliveries as required by customers and finding suitable reloads.
* Organising the shipment of trailers by booking them on relevant sailings to ensure operation runs smoothly.
* Responsible for providing new quotes to existing and new customers.
* Reviewing current practises to ensure the business is using the most cost effective solution.
* Support colleague with maintenance/repairs of vehicles and trailers, such as creating schedules and monitoring costs.
* Undertake and maintain health and safety records in accordance with current industry compliance including Silver FORS standards.
* Answering any incoming phone calls and dealing with them in the appropriate way.
* Imputing company data on a variety or spreadsheets/ systems.
* Carry out any other tasks required to keep the transport office and vehicles/drivers running efficiently.
* Learning other roles within the business to assist in the future.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded team of employees that are dedicated to making every project a great success.
You'll get a package including a competitive salary, excellent working conditions, and additional benefits.
* £27-30k Dependent on Experience + benefits
* The chance to work for a growing organisation
* Professional development with the chance to progress within the business
* Holiday - 20 days A/L
* Monday - Friday: 8am-5pm (40 hours per week).
Occasional out of hour's calls as and when required.
All candidates should have good interpersonal skills with a can do attitude
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Fire Protection Engineer
- Accountant Manager
- Senior Account Executive / Account Manager - Communications Agency
- HGV Trailer Technician, Mechanic, Fitter
- Nursery Practitioner
- Learning Support Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Specialist Primary Autism Teacher
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Senior Business Tax Manager
- Clinical Study Manager
- Community Registered Paediatric Nurses
- Car Sales Executive
- VisualFiles Developer (Case Management System)
- Conveyancing Paralegal
- Senior Account Executive / Account Manager for Healthcare Practice
- Assistant Manager / Deputy General Manager - Hotel
- Occupational Health Advisor
- Compliance and Quality Manager - MDD & MDR