Staff Nurse Oncology Outpatients
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse - Oncology & Haematology Outpatient to join a London based hospital.
Our client's hospital includes state-of-the-art radiotherapy, chemotherapy suites and dedicated patient bedrooms for Oncology & Haematology patients.
As a Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to our patients.
This is a full time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours a week (either 7.5 or 9 hours a day.) The unit is open from 08:30 to 18:00.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of high standards of care and service to the patients, & to work within a team to provide assessment and evaluation of care.
- Administer chemotherapy and other anti-cancer treatments.
- Use evidence-based practice, quality assurance and clinical audit in all aspects of nursing care.
- Act as a role model, with a willingness to be a mentor to student nurses and health care assistants.
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team, & deputising for Sister / Charge Nurses in their absence
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Chemotherapy Course from The Royal Marsden or UK-University
- Post registration experience in oncology or in acute medicine.
- Experience in the administration of cytotoxic drugs and relevant qualification.
- Knowledge of oncological conditions, diseases, cytotoxic drugs & therapies, with experience of peripheral/central venous access devices, cannulation & phlebotomy.
Our client offers a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued.
They are a firm believer of personal and career development with pathways to further your education if you wish to do so.
The benefits package includes: contribution pension scheme, Private Medical Healthcare; 25 day's annual leave; season ticket travel loan and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services.
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click “Apply” to forward an up to date copy of your CV.
More Jobs from Cavendish Professionals
- Junior Sister - Oncology Inpatients Unit
- Senior SAP PP Berater/In
- SAP QM/MM Inhouse Consultant
- SAP MM Consultant
- HR/SuccessFactors Team Lead
- SAP QM Senior Berater
- SAP BI Consultant
- SAP Ariba Consultant(s)
- Steel Fixers
- SAP C4/HANA Commerce Cloud Consultant
- SAP PS Consultant
- HGV Class 2 Driver
- CCDO Demolition Operative
- 360 Operator
- Resident Doctor - Haematology
- Business Development Manager
- Android Developer
- SAP FI Consultant
- SAP QM/PM Consultant
- SAP MM Consultant