Head of Data Science (100% remote)
Data Science Manager - 100% remote - circa 120,000 USD DOE
Due to continued growth a new role has been created for a Data Science/Head of Data Science (100% remote based role) to join a world leading innovator of Renewable Energy of Power Systems and Smart Low Power Appliances.
A unique opportunity to join a team that genuinely make a huge impact on the lives of people in less developed countries - this company help some of the most under-served customers in the world get access to clean, affordable household energy.
- You will oversee the Data Scientist and analytical engineering teams who are responsible for the analysis and transformation of engineering data from distributed IoT devices into product/behaviour insights.
- Help develop and steer the company's overall data vision and strategy
- This role requires a split between technical and management and can be tailored for the right person in terms of what that split looks like.
- Proactively identify the most important questions the business should be answering using data science and advanced analytics and then design and test data-driven hypotheses and then manage the team to test and execute against those
- You will have previous experience of managing or leading data Science / Data Engineering teams, whilst still remining highly hands on technical yourself.
- Ability to think creatively about business and engineering problems and understand how to apply data science processes to create measurable results
- Ability to communicate technical details visually and in written form to broader stakeholders
- Meticulousness in ensuring error-free, high quality analysis
- Advanced skills in a data analysis programming language (Python or R, SQL)
- Background with Microsoft Azure (U-SQL, Data Factory, Data Lake), other Big Data tools (Hadoop, Spark), other data engineering tools for system integration of data analysis into
- You will be genuinely passionate for data and working for an ethically sound company that you would love to be part, who are making a positive social difference in the world
- Experience building predictive and explanatory models and putting them into production
- Experience with pythandas, airflow
- Experience with dbt (and Jinja) or a similar tool
- Experience with using automated deployment pipelines
- Experience with modern machine learning methods for signal processing /time-series analysis (e.g.
HMMs, Kalman Filters, LSTM Neural Nets, etc.).
- Experience with advanced experiment design and causal methods for timeseries (e.g.
casual inference based on BSTS, experiment design using multiarmed bandits etc).
If this sounds like a position, you're interested in hearing more of - then click to apply!
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Weapons Systems Lead
- QC Section Head
- Reward Analyst- 5153246
- Sparkworks RF Technologist
- QA Lead
- Housing/Manual Handling Occupational Therapist
- Strategic Procurement Manager
- Paediatric Rehabilitation Case Manager
- Multi-Trade Operative
- Qualified Person (Interim)
- BI Lead
- C# SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
- Site Manager
- Communications Partner
- Building Surveyor
- SOC Lead
- Product Designer
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Talent Acquistion