Bioinformatics Software Engineer
We are currently looking for a Bioinformatics Software Engineer to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area.
As the Bioinformatics Software Engineer you will be responsible for
supporting our research projects by designing & implementing web interfaces and tools to organise, integrate & visualise genomics and other related datasets.
The candidate should have strong software engineering and programming skills and who is keen to apply these skills to develop high-quality bioinformatics resources, user interfaces and analytical tools.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Bioinformatics Software Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Develop high-quality, proprietary, bioinformatics software, to augment Astex's bioinformatics capabilities, and provide support for the bioinformatics software platform
Deploy automated pipelines for bioinformatics analyses
Design and develop user interfaces, including web tools, to display and explore large-scale genomics data resources
Work on collaborative projects with software developers, bioinformaticians, biologists, and computational chemists
Iteratively develop bespoke software tools and methods based on feedback from in-house users
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatics Software Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
Relevant degree in a Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field with software development experience
Proven industry experience in Experience building and deploying containerised applications (eg.
Docker) and with version control systems (Git)
A working knowledge and practical Experience in Node.js and its UI frameworks (React.js is preferred)
Key Words: Bioinformatics , Software , Engineer , Bioinformatician , Full-stack , Omics
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development.
We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position.
HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists.
We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
- Start: 30/09/2020
- Rate: Â£40000 to Â£60000 Per: annum
- Location: Cambridgeshire,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Elliott Harvey
- Tel: 0203 910 2980
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: J5633808
- Posted: 2020-09-30 15:49:26 -
- View all Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Regulatory Affairs Senior Associate
- Development Scientist - In Vitro Liver Models
- QC Analyst
- Development Analyst
- Account Manager - North East
- Equipment Validation and CSV Engineer
- Bioinformatics Data Engineer
- Senior Principal Scientist - Analytical Method Development
- Senior Viral Vector Scientist
- Downstream Process Development Scientist
- QC Microbiologist
- SAS Programmer
- RadioPharmacy Technician
- Molecular Assay Scientist
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Head of Operational Quality & QP
- Technical Manager - Formulation
- Senior Scientist - Clinical Assay Development
- Fermentation Group Leader
- Laboratory Systems Specialist