Junior Embedded Engineer - Medical
Junior Embedded Engineer - Reading, Berkshire
We are seeking a Junior Embedded Engineer to support the development of algorithms, software, firmware and electronics for a new generation of portable, hand-held diagnostic medical devices.
The role will involve taking ownership of some aspects of the embedded development such as algorithm development for both signal and image processing.
This will require working with the team to define the design requirements and realization of the designs from concept through to manufacture.
The role will also involve aiding in setting up and maintaining the software aspects of a quality system by employing best practice software development practices and tools.
This will include ensuring that the requirements conform to ISO13485 and IEC 62304.
It will also be necessary to support the devices through CE marking and medical device certification.
Experience of developing on 32-bit embedded platforms in C is essential; experience working with PIC32 and ARM based devices would be of benefit.
This is a hands-on role that offers a unique opportunity for a Graduate or Junior Engineer to be an integral part of a new and innovative company at a very early stage.
This will allow any candidate to be involved many aspects across the business and therefore significantly broaden their experience and allow them to grow with the company.
Flexible working will be supported.
- 1st or 2.1 Honors degree in Computer Science, Software, Electronic Engineering or similar.
- Higher degree (MSc or PhD), photonics or optical based area would be of benefit.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience developing software for embedded applications, preferably in a medical related field.
- Broad knowledge of engineering principles including mathematics.
- Experience of design verification and validation processes including unit testing.
- Writing embedded applications in C and/or C++.
- Building, testing and debugging electronic systems in terms of both hardware and software.
- Development using ARM based devices and/or PIC microcontrollers, particularly PIC32 devices.
- Experience of embedded image processing techniques.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Use of ARM devices.
- Use of FPGA's and writing VHDL/Verilog.
- Knowledge of statistics, design and execution of experiments.
- Knowledge of RTOS.
- Digital signal processing techniques such a filtering, peak detection and Fourier transforms.
- Experience of the CE marking process.
- Experience with technical computing tools such as MATLAB.
More Jobs from Rem Ltd
- Customer Support Technician - Comms/Wireless
- Draughtsperson/CAD Technician
- Embedded Firmware Engineer
- Electronics Design Engineers (Grad to Senior)
- Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
- Senior FPGA Design Engineer
- Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Electronics Design Engineer
- (Graduate) Electronics Engineer
- Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
- Physicist London
- Senior Software Engineer; Embedded; Firmware; C++
- Business Development Manager
- Senior Systems Engineer; Software/Hardware/Applications
- Physics Programmer; Software Engineer; Oxford
- Production Test Engineer
- Systems Engineer - Hardware/Software
- Electrical Engineer
- Wireperson - Magnets
- Mathematical Programmer/Software Engineer (C++)