Senior Policy Advisor
Senior Policy Advisor (People Services) - Milton Keynes - 12 Month FTC - £33,797 - £40,322pa
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Policy Advisor to join the team of a public sector organisation within Milton Keynes.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing, maintaining, reviewing and amending People Services policies and procedures
- To provide an advisory service to People Services colleagues on changes to People Services policies and procedures for all staff categories.
- To research and analyse forthcoming legislation to ensure People Services policies and procedures are compliant.
- Proactively undertakes research and develops new PS policies and procedures in response to changes in legislation and University strategic objectives.
- Analyses new employment legislation and reviews impact on existing policy and procedures.
- Reviews existing policies and procedures to ensure they are up-to-date and compliant with current employment legislation as well as reflecting best practice.
- Provides advice to PS Business Partners and other People Services colleagues on new and revised PS policies and procedures as a result of changes in legislation.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
- A relevant qualification in the field of HR or management at least at certificate level or equivalent.
- Substantial experience of writing HR policies and procedures, interpreting complex legal documentation and translating them into relevant policies and procedures.
- A sound working knowledge of UK employment legislation.
- Experience of applying employment legislation in a working environment.
- Experience of working in a complex unionised environment.
- Attention to detail
- Intermediate skill level with MS Office particularly excel and word
For further information and to apply then please contact Deanna at STR on 02392322381 and email a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
strgroup is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Instructional Systems Designer
- Technical Correspondence Co-Ordinator
- Resource Controller
- Principal Electronics Design Engineer
- Supply Chain and Warehouse Manager
- Assistant PM (Rail)
- Highways & Infrastructure Engineer - Leicester - £38k
- CRM Production Executive
- Housing Surveyor
- Site Manager
- Strategic Transport Project Manager
- Guidewire Developer
- Administrator- 5152591
- Property Manager (Paignton)
- Systems Engineering Lead
- IT Support
- Accounts Payable Officer-
- Senior/ Lead DevOps Engineer
- Surfacing Supervisor