Support Worker - Scotland
JOB TITLE: Support Worker
LOCATION: Ayrshire, KA8, Scotland
PLACEMENT: To start 5th October 2020
PAY: PAYE From £8.20 per hour & Umbrella From £9.75 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Support workers to provide services to our client who has sites based in Ayrshire.
The client supports young people at risk of going into secure or long-term residential care.
They require workers who are passionate about and committed to working with young people aged 17-19 years old who present with high risk behaviours within a residential setting.
Their service offers offence-focused intervention, individual and group work programmes of social care, life skills and education/training through intensive staff support.
Their integrated therapeutic support helps young people get a sense of belonging and identity.
Shifts days and times would vary depending on need. Shadow shift following initial interview in the first instance and agreed thereafter as required.
- SVQ3 Children and Young People or recognized equivalent is desirable however applicants willing to work towards this who have significant relevant experience will be considered.
Experience & Training:
- Residential childcare experience desirable
- Experience of engaging meaningfully with young people is essential
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to make informed decisions and act on own initiative within the remit of the role
- Solution focused approach to challenges
- Knowledge of person centered care planning and practice
- Knowledge of GIRFEC and Outcomes based practice
- Knowledge of risk assessment and safeguarding
- Ability to engage with hard to reach young people and form positive relationships.
- Availability for shift work including evenings, weekends and waking night shifts
- Driving license desirable
- SSSC Registration or eligibility to be registered within the 6-month period
- Valid DBS/PVG Check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices.
4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact us on:
0800 988 6307
More Jobs from 4Healthcare
- Administrator - Sovereign Housing
- Personal Assistants - Rochdale Council
- Customer Services Adviser - Shropshire
- Policy & Transformation Officer - Bury
- Project Consultant - London
- Personal Assistant- Hull City Council
- Support Officer - Exeter
- Qualified Social workers - CP and Family Support team
- Housing Disrepair Paralegal - Bury
- Admin Officer- Sefton Metropolitan Council
- Biomedical Scientist, Specialist (Band 6)- Blackburn
- Communications Officer - Rutland
- COVID 19 Responder - Barnsley Metropolitan Council
- Customer Services Assistant- Rotherham Metropolitan Council
- Support Worker - Asylum Seeker Children Services- Cranbrook
- Auditor - Blackpool
- Clerical Assistant - Carmarthen
- Blue Badge Officer - Islington Council
- Grave Digging Operative - Coventry City Council
- Local Outbreak Support Officer - Halton