We are currently recruiting for a Passenger Assistant to assistant children and young people to and from school in the Sheffield area.
This position is for the school term and will be roughly 4 - 5 hours per day Monday to Friday.
You will be required to assist in the provision of an effective and efficient transport service to clients with special needs.
Passenger Assistants are accountable to the Assistant Operations Controller for the safety and general welfare of pupils on school transport for journeys between home to school / school to home.
Their duties include the following:
1.To escort children with special educational needs from home to school and from school to home on either wheelchair accessible vehicles, minibuses or taxis.
2.Support the driver and parents to assist passengers to board and alight the vehicle provided.
3.Lift where required children into special seats and ensure they are correctly secured.
4.Check seat belts are fastened and ensure child is seated safely throughout the journey.
5.Respond to the needs of the children whilst travelling and comfort those in distress.
6.Take messages from parents/carers, also money and medicine and pass on to school
7.Take messages from school to pass onto parents/carers.
Assist children in the event of a fit, illness, accident or challenging behaviour.
9.To promote a positive image of Transport Service at all times and wear the uniform and Personal Protective Equipment provided.
10.Learn route and direct driver if necessary.
11.Ensure effective communications with the Supervisor.
12.Report all incidents (e.g behavioural and medical) and accidents in writing to supervisor in a timely manner.
13.Be willing to undertake training as required.
14.All duties and responsibilities should be carried out in accordance with agreed Council policy and procedures, in particular the Council policies on Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety.
15.Any other relevant duties and responsibilities as may arise
If you would be interested in this role or any similar roles please do not hesitate to contact Emily @ Service Care on 01772 208964 or email email@example.com
Benefits of working for Emily @ Service Care Solutions:
* A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
* Exceptional referral bonuses
* An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
* Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
* Payroll service twice a week
* Ltd and PAYE payment options available
* Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
* Loyalty schemes / bonuses
* DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
Note: Do you know someone who is looking for work in this field? If so, please pass these details on to them.
If we are able to place them into work such as this, lasting over 13 weeks, we will happily pay you a £250 referral bonus
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Qualified Social Worker - MASH
- Business Support Administrator
- Police Investigator - Professional Standards Department
- Head of SEND - Haringey Council
- Building Surveyor
- Adults with Disabilities Social Worker
- Lettings Officer
- Locality Social Worker
- Clerk of Works
- Domiciliary Care Assistant
- Leadership and Management Development Lead
- Housing Surveyor
- Team Manager, Children With Disabilities, Lewisham
- Project Worker
- Covid 19 Contact Trace Advisor
- Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse (CPN)
- Traveller Site Officer
- Law Costs Drafts Person
- Multi Trade Joiner