New products are continually being designed and developed in order to provide improved interoperability and beyond line of sight connectivity with particular focus on web browser user interfaces and normalised data exchange via IP networks.
The role involves customer liaison, developing people, analysis and use of standards, analysis of customer requirements and communication of that analysis into system and software changes required in written form.
If any of that grabs your attention, how would you like to work for a business that is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers? Where high standards of work are expected and encouraged? Where people are understood and valued? Where you can develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business?
Your main responsibilities as a Systems Engineer will involve:
- Ownership of requirements, design and implementation, system integration and test, within schedule and estimates
- Adherence to systems engineering practices
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Design of technical solutions, integrating COTS hardware and software
- Planning and Estimating development activities
- Management of technical risk
- Working with customers to support delivered systems and resolve issues
As part of the engineering team you will work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
You may also be asked to lead teams.
Your skills and qualifications as a Systems Engineer:
- Requirements Engineering
- Defining architectures
- Defining and managing interfaces between systems
- System integration and testing, including acceptance activities
- Configuration management
- Understanding complex systems (number of different applications and data transfer)
- Absorbing and comprehending lots of information quickly
- Ability to communicate analysis and system and software changes required in written form, both Word and/or via the DOORS toolset
- Domain knowledge or experience in the following would be beneficial:
o Analysis and use of Tactical Datalink standards specifically STANAG 5516 and 5522
o Link 16/ Link 22 initialisation
o Operation and Network Monitoring/Management
o Knowledge/understanding of a multi-link TDL host system
- Ability to analyse customer requirements in the context of NATO standards/existing system and determine required changes
What we're looking for in you:
A 'can do' attitude; deliver within agreed budgets and timescales
- Self-organisation and good time management
- You are innovative and able to drive improvement
- You take responsibility for own & team work packages and for delivery
- Experience of mentoring more junior staff and leading teams is desirable
- Occasional travel may be required
Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements.
You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from aap3 All About People
- Maritime Systems Engineer
- Oracle Financials Applications Analyst
- Systems Integration & Test Engineer
- Production Supervisor
- Data Engineer
- Commercial Manager
- Principal Electrical Power Engineer x 3
- Watch Commander - Fire Safety
- Software Engineer - Ada
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Senior Systems Engineer
- VMware Software Engineer
- Senior Network Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- VMware Software Engineer
- Principal Welding Engineer
- Senior Risk Controller
- Supply Chain Advisor
- Supply and Support Engineer
- Network Engineer