Lead Nurse - Croydon
Purpose of Job: The Lead Nurse takes overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of the facility to ensure the highest levels of care for pupils, with responsibility for the strategic development of the Medical Centre following best practice guidelines from the Royal College of Nursing, Boarding Schools Association and other regulatory bodies as necessary.
Responsible for: 2 Registered Nurses, 2 Bank nurses and 1 Health Care Assistant.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
* Ensure opportunities for service improvement are identified and implemented where appropriate, recognising and responding to changing School and Medical Centre requirements.
* Identify opportunities for improving and developing management practices and operational procedures to ensure a compliant and cost effective service.
* Ensure the Medical Centre Team's mandatory and core clinical training requirements are met and recorded in accordance with NMC guidelines.
* Ensure the nursing team and other relevant staff are kept up to date with training and development on School procedures and policies and there is a process in place for team communication, ensuring seamless and continuous care for pupils.
* Identify skills and competencies required for each nurse and through the appraisal processes set objectives for learning needs through formal training, supervisory sessions, distance learning.
Thereafter, undertake assessment of the progress or achievement of skills and competencies of each Team Member as part of their annual performance review and NMC registration and revalidation (including the School Counsellors).
* To be responsible for the standard of nursing care for all patients through ensuring correct processes and procedures are implemented and kept up to date; and that staff have the required skills to meet the standard of care at the recommended level.
* Ensure the smooth running of the doctors' clinics.
* Manage the process for new pupil registration ensuring the appropriate medical information is received and that health checks are carried out for new pupils.
* Undertake immunisation programmes, including for overseas travel.
* Oversee the work of the nurse team as Link Nurses for boarding houses; link nurses provide health advice, including sessions on key topics such as smoking and health and wellbeing and are a support for the House staff and as a point of contact for a pupil, and their parents, where there is a specific health concern.
Provision and lead on training in health related issues
* Take ownership for and develop all policies and standards relating to medical provision in the School for sign off by line manager before updating school management.
* Ensure that all medical staff are competent in using our medical platform (ISAMS).
* To use research based practice to plan, deliver and evaluate School nursing interventions throughout the School.
* To liaise closely with key staff on PSHE, ensuring there is provision and access to a range of Health promotion materials and a co-ordinated Medical Centre participation in a 'whole school approach to health'.
* Provide training for staff on supporting children with medical needs in School.
Person Specification - Lead Nurse
* Registered Nurse on the Nursing and Midwifery Council Register with significant post registration experience (I)
* Valid NMC registration PIN (I)
* Good understanding of clinical governance (A/I).
* Experience of young people (A/I).
* Proven leadership experience of managing and motivating a team (A/I).
* Proven experience of change management - people and processes (A/I).
* Computer literate - sound knowledge of Microsoft office (A/I/E).
* Previous experience of managing budgets (A/I/).
* Confident, calm and tactful communicator with good listening skills, at all levels (I).
* Excellent interpersonal skills (A/I).
* Team leader, with flexible approach and ability to motivate others (I).
* Makes clear and informed judgements, particularly in challenging situations(A/I).
* Liaises and works effectively with staff outside own area of control - able to build relationships (A).
* Uses own initiative appropriately and prioritises well (A/I/.
* Is adaptable but understands the boundaries of a role (I).
* Excellent organisational abilities with a thorough approach ensuring completion of any initiatives (I).
* Thorough with ability to think strategically (I).
* Empathetic approach (I)
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Nursery Regional Manager
- Nursery Manager
- Corporate Engagement Manager
- Staff Nurse
- Mechanical Trainer / Assessor
- Snr Full Stack Engineer/Frontend Developer - Remote
- Care Assistant
- HGV Class 1 Driver Artics/ Bulkers/ Tramping
- Business Development / Marketing Manager - Medical Research
- Compliance and Quality Manager
- Sales Director
- Science Teacher
- Litigation Lawyer (Solicitor/ FCILEx)
- Senior Python Software Engineer
- Vehicle Technician - Part Time
- Snr Data Engineer - Remote  (ETL/AWS/SQL/Agile)
- Bio Scientist / Senior Bio scientist
- Occupational Health Advisor
- Senior QA Automation Engineer (Software)