Are you a newly Qualified Accountant who is adept at producing timely and accurate financial management information for allocated funds? If so, then we want to hear from you!
Our client, a leading life, and pensions firm is looking for a Fund Accountant to join their team on an initial 5-month contract.
This role will be set up to work remotely.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- High level analytical skills.
- Up-to-date accounting knowledge.
- Excellent bookkeeping skills
- Excellent excel skills
- A good working knowledge of policy systems
- Experience of Oracle GL
- Significant experience within a Finance role
- Hold responsibility for all allocated Fund Trial Balances, ensuring that reviews are completed in accordance with the departmental controls policy.
- Take ownership for all issues; ensuring they are resolved or escalated through relevant channels in a timely manner.
Follow the progress/ resolution of escalated issues.
- Liaise closely with and provide reporting that measures the performance of OSPs.
- Assist in instilling a continuous process improvement approach in the team.
- Establish the root causes where issues arise and ensure causes are resolved.
- Manage all reporting adjustments for the allocated fund, ensuring full understanding and monitoring of balances.
- Ensure that all OSP accounts are fully understood and reconciling items are categorised correctly and actively managed by the OSP.
- Support and build strong relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Identify and provide training for the team as required.
- Assist in the preparation of the reporting period returns for allocated funds.
- Adhere to the Fund Accounting Controls Policy and governance procedures.
Job reference: 12956
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users.
For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- Market Data Manager
- Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BI/Tableau
- Payroll Analyst
- FUND ACCOUNTANT
- PROJECT ANALYST - MULTI ASSET & FIXED INCOME
- LEAD BUSINESS ANALYST - REGULATORY
- Tax Accountant
- SENIOR ADMINSITRATOR - TRADE MANAGEMENT & TREASURY
- DERIVATIVE STRATEGY LEAD
- FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
- SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
- Operations Coordinator
- LEGAL DIPLOMA QUALIFIED SPECIALIST
- Investment Platform Specialist
- Senior Investment Consultant - LGPS
- Senior Investment Consultant (London)
- IFA Administrator
- Senior Internal Auditor - IT
- Investment and ALM Consultant
- Investment and ALM Consultant