Electrical Engineer (Forensic Investigation) - Cambridge
Electrical Engineer (Forensic Investigation) Cambridge
Salary & Package: £50k - £60k + Bonus + Car Allowance + 10% Pension + Medical/Life Insurance + Holidays
Are you a degree educated Electrical Engineer with an interest in failure analysis, forensic investigation and working out the root cause of technical issues? We have a great career opportunity for a Forensic Electrical Engineer to be trained by Experts in Forensic Engineering.
This career opportunity is rewarding, extremely challenging and a unique proposition for those who thrive on technically focused work.
You will learn from the experts within the Electrical Engineering industry.
My client is very well established in providing a wide range of forensic investigation services and root cause analysis for the insurance and risk management industries as well as the legal profession.
They have offices in the UK & abroad with experienced scientists and engineers undertaking investigations worldwide.
Investigate the causes or likely causes of incidents such as fires, electrical failures and accidents and provide prompt and accurate advice to the client to assist in determining liability.
You will be required to provide a rapid response to an instruction, attending the scene within 24 hours of the event if required.
A preliminary report will be required within three days setting out the most probable cause and a proposed strategy for further investigation.
When needed, a full and detailed scientific investigation will then be carried out in order to formulate a clear and impartial report.
Key Responsibilities of the role (including, but not limited to;)
- Carry out thorough site based investigations
- Accurately gather evidence and record correctly
- Carry out and amend risk assessments as appropriate
- Communicate with clients regularly
- Conduct detailed examinations and analysis of failed equipment or components
- Analysis information from other investigations and consultants
- Devise and carry out testing of components and materials
- Review technical information
- Prepare reports for Court proceedings
- Provide Expert Witness evidence in Court
- Conduct site audits as required
Ideally you will;
- Have attained a good honours degree (ideally a 1st) in an engineering or science based subject
- As a minimum, be working towards a Chartered status in a specific discipline
- A higher degree of study or research (eg MSc or PhD) is desirable
- Be able to identify colours, particularly when working with electrical wiring
- Be able to complete a day’s site work including some physical exertion
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts clearly, both verbally and in writing, to others less informed than yourself
- Be prepared to work unpredictable hours, as and where the work demands
- Have gained several years of postgraduate experience
- Be able to drive and own your own vehicle
Interested? To apply for the Electrical Engineer (Forensic Engineer) Position, here are your two options:
"This is the job for me! When can I start?" - Call now and let’s talk through your experience.
Ask for Michelle Fletcher on 0116 254 5411 between 8.30am - 5pm.
"I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough to be get an interview" - Click "apply now" so I can read your CV and let you know.
Ref: Electrical Engineer (Forensic Engineer)
- Start: 13/10/2020
- Rate: Â£50000 to Â£60000 Per: annum
- Location: Milton,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Precision Recruitment UK Ltd
- Contact: Michelle Fletcher
- Tel: 0116 254 5411
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: V-55002
- Posted: 2020-10-13 20:46:28 -
- View all Jobs from Precision Recruitment UK Ltd
More Jobs from Precision Recruitment UK Ltd
- Powder coater
- Electrical Fitter
- Panel Wirer
- Mechanical Fitter - Automation
- Workshop Engineer
- MIG /Stick welder
- MIG welder
- MIG /TIG welder
- HSE Manager Dual Role (Forensic Investigation)
- Electrical Test Engineer (HV)
- Mechanical Fitter
- Project Engineer
- Project Manager
- Service Engineer (Machine Tools)
- mig welder /fabricator
- Welder fabricator
- Mechanical Service Fitter
- MIG Welder
- Saiston Sheet Metal