Bio Scientist / Senior Bio scientist
Bio Scientist / Senior Bio scientist - Nottingham
Salary: £27,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
Our client is currently looking for a a Bio Scientist / Senior Bio scientist based in Nottingham on a fixed term 1-year contract with a potential to extend .
They are a laboratory-based Contract Research Organisation specialising in Oncology, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, Inflammation and Respiratory therapeutic areas.
They provide bespoke pre-clinical/early discovery phase laboratory services to support Biotech, Pharmaceutical companies and Academic groups in their drug discovery projects.
Their aim is to assist their clients in expediting their drug development programmes by providing high quality ethical services.
Our client is continually striving to offer added value to all their discovery projects.
They achieve this by constantly reviewing and evaluating new technologies that complement and augment their preclinical in vitro capabilities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Ideally you will have a PhD in pharmacology, biochemistry or a related discipline
An experience working in a CRO or on client projects is highly desirable, as well as the following:
* Significant experience and knowledge of a broad range of bioscience related disciplines (enzymology, biophysics, cell biology, pharmacology) and their application to drug discovery
* Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organisational skills
* Strategic mind-set with a demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritise
* Proven ability to work independently
* Positive attitude and sense of urgency
* Demonstrated computer skills - requires excellent MS Office Experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Undertake laboratory work as required and be responsible for drafting SOPs, COSHH as relevant
* Prepare and present complex scientific information to internal and external stakeholders
* Provide technical expertise and develop the technical capabilities of the department
* Keep abreast of regulatory and scientific guidelines and industry expectations and contribute to the establishment and delivery of appropriate services within the department.
* Provide expert advice on specific projects to colleagues and clients, maintaining awareness of current trends, issues and developments.
* Take a lead on method development, method transfer, method validation and optimization.
* Taking a lead role in problem resolution and ensure that the conduct and reporting of the project complies with the client requirements including review of data and production of scientific reports.
* Maintain stock of reagents and consumables required for client projects
* Continually seek to identify opportunities for and lead improvements in quality, productivity and automation and the introduction of new tests and techniques.
* Assist the scientific team in securing relevant accreditations.
* Assist in obtaining new business and in client inspection visits.
* Develop and maintain training programme modules in own area of expertise to meet client requirements and realise individual potential.
* Assist in the implementation of new equipment, IT systems and procedures / processes.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded team of employees that are dedicated to making every project a great success.
Our clients benefits package includes a competitive salary, performance and target related bonus annually, 3% employer pension contribution, 24 days annual leave, flexible working options and access to an on-site Cafe.
This position is based at our Nottingham office.
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Client Manager : Accountancy Practice
- Mobility Therapist
- RGN Nurse
- Buyer / Account Manager - Recycling Company
- Food and Nutrition Studies Teacher
- Bid Writer
- Dental Nurse
- Environmental Social Governance Consultant
- Communications Account Manager
- Performance Data Analyst
- Audit Senior
- Practice Based Management Accountant
- Work Placement / Project Manager
- Sales Manager - Stairlift Manufacturer
- Dental Nurse
- Supervisor/Foreman - Surfacing/ Tarmac
- Lifestyle and Wellbeing Co-ordinator
- School Nurse
- Supported Living Pathways Lead Teacher